Kawasaki ZX7 Drift bike and Honda F2 "stunt"

ErkkaQ

Hello, I'm new to this forum and from Finland. I have been building my motorcycles for 4 years now. Kawasaki was my first bike and it took 4 years or winters to be extact to finnish and I still have many things to do to it. Honda F2 I bought this fall as my second bike and its going to be in some level stunt bike more than ZX7 drifter. I have many pictures of bikes on instagram @Eeki_Fighter check there if interest Smile And I have started YouTube channel to show what I do to the bikes and how I'm building them. If you like my bikes/videos or any other reason feel free to subscribe for more to come.

Pictures at Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/eeki_fighter/

Kawasaki ZX7 story

F2 build

I like the Vids you put up and what you've done with the ZXR. The extended swing arm isn't my thing but the bits you've made and improvised are great! I have a Finnish friend who tells me that's quite normal in Finland. :-D

My ZXR is getting a full strip this winter and I'm going to have a go at a turbo if I can find the parts at a reasonable price. :-)

It would be good to see what your next lot of mods are!

I like the Vids you put up and what you've done with the ZXR. The extended swing arm isn't my thing but the bits you've made and improvised are great! I have a Finnish friend who tells me that's quite normal in Finland. :-D

My ZXR is getting a full strip this winter and I'm going to have a go at a turbo if I can find the parts at a reasonable price. :-)

It would be good to see what your next lot of mods are!

Thanks mate :) Turbo sounds great I have thought turbo also but decided I get maybe 1100 gixxer to that :D But I would love to see posts of how you mount turbo maybe I would do it also :thumb: What year ZXR you have?

It's a '95.

I was a bit disappointed earlier - I can get just about everything used or reconditioned except forged pistons - getting on for £600 for a set. :shock: I'm guessing it'll be about the same again for the rest of the bits plus a set of gaskets for the engine rebuild.

I'm running 109bhp at the wheel at the moment so it would be good to see near double that. Not going to get that running standard pistons with low boost!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
So Kawasaki is going to be turbo after next winter hopefully

">

Turbo! :-D

Are you doing a high or low pressure system? I'd be interested to know what you're doing about ignition timing (amongst other things).

So Kawasaki is going to be turbo after next winter hopefully

">

Turbo! :-D

Are you doing a high or low pressure system? I'd be interested to know what you're doing about ignition timing (amongst other things).

Hi, I'm aiming at 0,5-0,7 bar pressure so stockish engine can handle it. I dont know yet what I'm going to do with ignition timing I'm going to do one thing at time next winter and try to sort things out :D

Hi, I'm aiming at 0,5-0,7 bar pressure so stockish engine can handle it. I dont know yet what I'm going to do with ignition timing I'm going to do one thing at time next winter and try to sort things out :D

Fair enough. :-)

What turbo do you have? I'm on the lookout for a GT2052...

Fair enough. :-)

What turbo do you have? I'm on the lookout for a GT2052...

td04-16t from Volvo

Great thread, love stuff like this.

Back in the day when I was into nodded cars, To lower the compression, the old trick used to be to fit a thicker head gasket. Is that an option with these motors?

It's more common to stick a thicker or extra base gasket in. Problem is it ruins the squish.

I really want to go balls out and run decent boost to crack 200bhp but that'll need forged pistons at £600ish plus mappable ignition for another £300ish.

Apparently 6psi is "safe" for OEM pistons and timing which would give around the 150 - 160bhp mark so that'll be the route I go as I can fabricate most of the other bits.

I was hoping our new Finnish chum would have it planned out already so I could pinch his ideas. :-D