My first "big bike"

ChrisBHull

Just a photo of my baby. Not new. Not shiney. Some rust. Many miles on the clock. But when I compare to my dads 2015 CB500X,which is a very nice bike by the way, it feels more motorbikey. Love at first sight! :oops:

She does come in a touring mode with a top box and panniers and hand guards. But I like this look the most!

IMG_0660.thumb.JPG.d0fe809a68fc5fac8d603a1919556278.JPG

Can't beat a sunny day up at seaways :thumb:

The only problem with that place is it can be cliquey. If you don't ride a 1300 BMW some of them don't have the time of day to chat.

Some of the old timers have a good story to tell though.

Yes I agree

When I used to go up on the TL1000s Everyone would talk to me

Now I have an FJR1300 only weird touring type people bother!

I'm not good enough for the sports bike boys :roll:

The only problem with that place is it can be cliquey. If you don't ride a 1300 BMW some of them don't have the time of day to chat.

bloody bmw riders, all stuck up ar*eholes (apart from the ones on here obviously :angel12: )

love your bike though :love:

(and Stu I guess you're just about good enough for me to hang out with :seeya:)

I don't really stop too often at places like this... But when I do then I make sure no FJR1300 w**ker dare to speak to me :D

I wouldn't worry!

No one wants to be seen with a ginner with a crap helmet and rubbish bike :up:

I don't really stop too often at places like this... But when I do then I make sure no FJR1300 w**ker dare to speak to me :D

I wouldn't worry!

No one wants to be seen with a ginner with a crap helmet and rubbish bike :up:

Oh didn't know you are ginger :D

(and Stu I guess you're just about good enough for me to hang out with :seeya:)

only if you can keep up :up:

:lol: :lol:

I think we both know I wouldn't be able to

I don't know! you went off like a scalded cat down that road chasing after us all on the rally ride that none of us actually went down......

:mrgreen:

Seems like there is a bit of banter here! I'm sure everyone here is nice. Seem to have been very welcoming so far! Any suggestions on how to clean up a little rust on the sprocket?

Hey Chris! It's probably worth starting a new thread for questions as otherwise they get lost in the general wibble! (Pitstop is probably the best place for that) :thumb:

I've never understood why bikers get so sectarian about bikes, they've all got 2 wheels and a seat, I personally enjoy trying to get any sort of bike to work , whether its a FZ50 , Chinese or Fireblade , their all unique and I get a lot of satisfaction from seeing them working, I know a lot of it is friendly banter but some "bikers" do look down their nose at other Manufacturer's , and somebody's bound to say "yes but you've never rode a .." , that don't matter their all the same, and during my time I've rode a lot of bike's. (waits for the barrage) :D

I've never understood why bikers get so sectarian about bikes, they've all got 2 wheels and a seat, I personally enjoy trying to get any sort of bike to work , whether its a FZ50 , Chinese or Fireblade , their all unique and I get a lot of satisfaction from seeing them working, I know a lot of it is friendly banter but some "bikers" do look down their nose at other Manufacturer's , and somebody's bound to say "yes but you've never rode a .." , that don't matter their all the same, and during my time I've rode a lot of bike's. (waits for the barrage) :D

I'd agree, but would go further and say that I don't see the need for tribal/blanket hatred between groups of road users - be it cyclists, car drivers, motorcyclists etc. They're all people, all entitled to use the road, and until proven otherwise I'll assume they're all idiots! :lol:

Same for everything though - road bikers rarely acknowledge mountain bikers, and on my touring/commuting bike it's 50/50 as to whether I'll get a nod from Serious Business cyclists in lycra! :bike:

Half a time when I call I'm in the car wi kids in tow.

If no one talks sod em. (I just wind Lewis up and tell him to go n ask that Mr about his bike or what he thinks of ac/dc....lol)

Butties are nice mind :cheers:

BMW,s are very expensive ( over priced ) so obviously the owners are much much richer than us peasants and far superior, and a GS rider with all the extras fitted actually wears a crown when he's indoors .

BMW,s are very expensive ( over priced ) so obviously the owners are much much richer than us peasants and far superior, and a GS rider with all the extras fitted actually wears a crown when he's indoors .

Actual photograph of a GS rider

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-MVQtGTqNUlg/T-JWSO4PP_I/AAAAAAAAAKU/c_yjwNiVRvQ/s1600/Gold-Homer.png

Actual photograph of a GS rider

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-MVQtGTqNUlg/T-JWSO4PP_I/AAAAAAAAAKU/c_yjwNiVRvQ/s1600/Gold-Homer.png

Bonio is not going to like you for that. :roll:

Some of the replies have made me chuckle.

Any other places local to Hull other than squires? I fancy going out to play over the weekend weather permitting.

Fish n chips on Hornsea front?

Thats not a bad idea! Hornsea is my goto destination for a first drive/ride out in a new vehicle. Every car and every bike has gone there the day Ive purchased them. Not a bad little run out if you go via Withernsea.