My Honda CBR 650F 2016

MotorBike001

• 4 weeks later...

Very cool bike and very well photographed . What effect have you applied in pic No.1 ? Looks like pencil drawing.

Very cool bike and very well photographed . What effect have you applied in pic No.1 ? Looks like pencil drawing.

Thanks fastbob. The effect in the first Pic was made using Silver Efex Pro in Photoshop - it used to be a paid for add-on but Google bought it a few years ago and now it's free:

https://www.google.com/nikcollection/products/silver-efex-pro/

• 7 months later...

Hi there!

How are you getting on with the bike? Do you love it?

I am just considering getting one of these and I am torn between this one and the CBR500R.. any good or bad points you would be able to share? How’s the consumption?

I have a CBR 125 at the moment and had passed my license at the beginning of November :)

Hi there!

How are you getting on with the bike? Do you love it?

I am just considering getting one of these and I am torn between this one and the CBR500R.. any good or bad points you would be able to share? How’s the consumption?

I have a CBR 125 at the moment and had passed my license at the beginning of November :)

I've had my 650F just over a year now. I too came from a 125. I was toying with a CBR500R but the salesman advised having more power with the 650F so that's what I went with.

I have loved having and riding it but I do get bored quite quickly (this could be most riders..?), and will probably get something else next year.

Good Points

* I feel a very safe bike to ride, as it has ABS

* Quite economical, ~50mpg

* Seems very reliable - no issues at all

* Pretty fast - 0-60 3.5 secs, I've done 130mph on it (once!)

* The fairing does a good job of keeping wind resistance down

Bad Points

* Doesn't have a gear indicator. As it's quite high revving it can be difficult to know which gear you're in

* Not comfortable for > 3-4 hours. It is a sporty bike though, so to be expected

* High revs for proper acceleration (my mate has a KTM and the power band is much lower)

Overall, I would say go for it. It's only as I'm thinking of going longer distances, and I want a bigger engine, I'm thinking of changing it.

Well done on passing your test BTW :)