2012 FLHTK

MarkW

Right, there's no way of tarting this up, so I'll just come out and say that this is what I traded my ZZR1200 intercontinental ballistic missile in for last year. I'm not quite sure what came over me, other than to say that I instantly connected with this oversized hog in a way I didn't with the mighty Z, which was remarkable only in terms of the obscene speed with which it propelled my rancid body down German autobahns: in all other respects I'd got a bit bored with it.

Time will tell if this was the right choice or not, but if I really can't live with it I'll part-ex it for a 2018 Fat Boy, or abandon the whole HD dalliance and get a K1600GT. In black.

IMG_1383.thumb.JPG.397accbf2db1a588f212157108d9eac6.JPG

IMG_1385.thumb.JPG.8004ff418597f49b57c4065a167051be.JPG

Thanks Mike. I loved the Fat Boy I took out on test and would have had one in a shot, but most of my riding is long-ish distances across Europe in all weathers, and I didn't fancy that on an un-faired bike. Plus the massive luggage capacity of the Glide is a bonus, and the stereo is a novelty!

it's very...... Brown.. .. :lol:

Nah seriously I look forward to hearing how you get on with it as I'll likely be riding something similar on my holiday later this year!

it's very...... Brown.. .. :lol:

Indeed - metallic brown and orange! Looks awesome in the sunshine, but in dull weather it takes on the deceptive appearance of a massive motorised turd. :lol: