My 1st ride

collins82002

Nice, take it easy tho. That's some machine for a first ride, get ready for it to spin the back wheel on manholes, wheelie and shake its head. Remember to have your spider sense turned up, brake early and don't get too confident too soon pal, that's the era when sports teams can really bite, I had an R1 after 6months of riding and lost it round a bend towards 5 cars!! I was ok but very lucky.

Fantastic track day weapon tho.

Nice, take it easy tho. That's some machine for a first ride, get ready for it to spin the back wheel on manholes, wheelie and shake its head. Remember to have your spider sense turned up, brake early and don't get too confident too soon pal, that's the era when sports teams can really bite, I had an R1 after 6months of riding and lost it round a bend towards 5 cars!! I was ok but very lucky.

Fantastic track day weapon tho.

I’ll defo be taking it easy and as they say it’ll only go as fast as you twist it.

Cool, don't get led on by faster pals, especially in the bends.

Do you plan on any advanced rider training or track days?

I am considering a advanced training course once I’m familiar with the bike. Does anyone know what’s involved in the training?

get yourself on a bikesafe course as a first step http://www.bikesafe.co.uk/ or contact your local training organisation to see if they do any advanced courses. A more rigorous course would be those offered by IAM, ROSPA etc. It is worth looking at Motorcycle RoadCraft the Police motorcylists bible and is used as the basis for IAM training. Learn IPSGA

There are also a lot of Youtube videos of people doing advanced training courses. Search for Back2TheBike for a guy who has come back to bikes after a long hiatus and is now doing the IAM course.

Very nice! I don't think there's anything wrong with that as a first bike, as you said they only go as fast as you make it! Safe riding keep it shiny side up :thumb: