Finally found a bike!

elizabethf

Over on Motorbike Chat I weas venting about finding a second hand 125 bike that i could actually fit on comfortably for a first bike (im a short arse) and wasn't overpriced/needing work/rusty etc etc.

It's taken two weeks but finally found this! Honda CBR Repsol 2015, just 7000 miles and cost £1800. One scuff on the mirror and that's it. Loved riding it up and down the street - and that was only in low gears so excited to get it out properly! Gonna be great to build up my confidence on it, good times :)

http://i65.tinypic.com/2gx2zdi.jpg

Its been well looked after (at least the last two owners) it seems. The guy i got it from did the odd commute each week while the suns good but it mainly lived in the garage and now he wants a car - he made it nice and shiny before i came though lol. He bought it off a lady who decided she didnt like bikes so again, just chilled out in the garage while it found a buyer. Most bikes I looked at didnt get to see a garage, just parked on a drive!

If you have to turn round and look at it as you're walking away from it you've bought the right bike...... :wink:

Keep going out for little rides on it to get used to it, every time I park up for the night I wish Id stayed out a bit longer!

If you have to turn round and look at it as you're walking away from it you've bought the right bike...... :wink:

Keep going out for little rides on it to get used to it, every time I park up for the night I wish Id stayed out a bit longer!

I know what you mean. Bare with me on this... I don't like riding for the sake of riding. Meets, riding to Matlock etc don't interest me. So when I'm out I like to go somewhere on it where I would normally go in the car in winter, in other words use it for legitimate transport.

So if I haven't got anywhere far to go, I end up parking the bike up for the night wishing I'd stayed out longer, but not enough to ride round for nothing.

I know what you mean. Bare with me on this... I don't like riding for the sake of riding. Meets, riding to Matlock etc don't interest me. So when I'm out I like to go somewhere on it where I would normally go in the car in winter, in other words use it for legitimate transport.

So if I haven't got anywhere far to go, I end up parking the bike up for the night wishing I'd stayed out longer, but not enough to ride round for nothing.

I am pretty much the same in thinking right now, it's a transport thing, but Im sure when I move on to bigger bikes Ill enjoy a nice ride out more!

• 2 weeks later...

riding around in groups doesn't appeal to me but I do enjoy going for a ride in the Peak District where I live to: a) to become familiar with the handling of the bike, b) the twistys are quite challenging and it is good experience to really get used to the bike and c) the scenery is stunning.

I am sympathetic about not wanting to ride around for the sake of it, but having only just my bike too I did about an hour a day for the first couple of weeks. Not for the sake of it but for practice. There is so little supported time on a CBT and I was so aware of what a novice I am when out and about, stalls, poor control and generally fucknuttery are still a part of my riding particularly compared to my experience as an seasoned car driver. Each time I go out I learn so not for its own sake.

But what's wrong with riding just for the hell of it? OK kids, repeat after me...."RIDING IS FUN". That's why we do it. Because the more you ride, the better you get at it. The better you get at it, the more you enjoy it. The more you enjoy it, the more you ride. It's an addictive, virtuous circle.

Sure, riding for a reason (commuting, down the shops, going to see a mate, etc.) is one of the reasons we ride bikes, but have you never looked out of the window and thought "what a nice day for a ride...." and then gone on one???

'Cos I have. Loads of times.

But what's wrong with riding just for the hell of it? OK kids, repeat after me...."RIDING IS FUN". That's why we do it. Because the more you ride, the better you get at it. The better you get at it, the more you enjoy it. The more you enjoy it, the more you ride. It's an addictive, virtuous circle.

Sure, riding for a reason (commuting, down the shops, going to see a mate, etc.) is one of the reasons we ride bikes, but have you never looked out of the window and thought "what a nice day for a ride...." and then gone on one???

'Cos I have. Loads of times.

That my main way of riding! I hate having a job to do or somewhere to be when I’m on my bike. :cheers:

I feel like I need a place to go to in order to ride at the moment as I get soo confused as to where I’m going.

I’m hoping to go to my first meet at the end of the month on my 125.

I don’t get out too much at the moment. The joys of having three young boys and a pug 😂

I feel like I need a place to go to in order to ride at the moment as I get soo confused as to where I’m going.

I’m hoping to go to my first meet at the end of the month on my 125.

I don’t get out too much at the moment. The joys of having three young boys and a pug 😂

Find a cafe or some other place for a drink and a bite to eat, then plot a route there and back. that will give you focus.

I sometime go to a cafe 7 or 8 miles away but may go 50 mile to get there. :D

This Fridays ride for a sandwich is about 50 miles each way.