Camping in the Uk, yorkshire maybe - kit needed

jedibiker

Guest Richzx6r

@Snod Blatter it was specifically cooking equipment advice, if you read past the first post which was more a generic camping question hence the focus on cooking.

No point in advising any one to go out and buy a crap stove

its the cookin food part Im thinking off really. if i go fishing etc i can take large pans and a big stove. but for the bike thats all too much. im good with fires but wouldnt want to break rules anywhere and some places have banned them in the heat for good reason.

Yeah I was mostly curious about cooking as that can be bulky but all advice about matts and beds etc has been helpful. With never camping on a bike I appreciate all advice. Yeah, the gas argument seemed a little deep but I have noticed in cooler temps the burner takes longer. but just go with it. Ideally, I'd love to have a small fire, always contained them safely but realise sites may not allow it. Goin fully wild would be great but no one has mentioned any areas good for this, but guess its a "how long is a piece of string" argument and some may not share a great secret find.

I think in my 40litre tailbag il get all cooking gear and eating irons, although eating out of pans saves pots. Brew kit etc. Her bike can be food,water etc. I will update if we go and you can all admire our set up or laugh ya balls off lol

So you're gna eat and drink her bike :scratch: some people are very odd :D

@Snod Blatter it was specifically cooking equipment advice, if you read past the first post which was more a generic camping question hence the focus on cooking.

No point in advising any one to go out and buy a crap stove

Yeah I was mostly curious about cooking as that can be bulky but all advice about matts and beds etc has been helpful. With never camping on a bike I appreciate all advice. Yeah, the gas argument seemed a little deep but I have noticed in cooler temps the burner takes longer. but just go with it. Ideally, I'd love to have a small fire, always contained them safely but realise sites may not allow it. Goin fully wild would be great but no one has mentioned any areas good for this, but guess its a "how long is a piece of string" argument and some may not share a great secret find.

I think in my 40litre tailbag il get all cooking gear and eating irons, although eating out of pans saves pots. Brew kit etc. Her bike can be food,water etc. I will update if we go and you can all admire our set up or laugh ya balls off lol

So you're gna eat and drink her bike :scratch: some people are very odd :D

jedibiker is mange tout

mangetout.jpg.8b5c8db45f4aa7f9552f8653a9df455e.jpg

looks great, where is that?

Camping&Caravan club site near Weymouth..

There are some Jem's out there they take some hunting out, most are booked of weekends. Lucky as shift worker I can get round that...

Its hard to find the nice ones and very easy to get it wrong or just wrong day...

I've got a MSR pocket Rocket 2, sea to summit x32 cookset and wacaco nanopresso. Not cheap but gives me decent cooking options as well as nespresso coffee when camping.

It's a shame I can't get my weber go anywhere bbq on the bike so I can cook 6 hour ribs.

• 2 weeks later...

nearly sorted just need to plan a location. my 40l tail bag seems to hold far more than I thought. Collapsing kettle, gas stove, 3 slim pans that form lids for big camping pots but big enough to cook soup and stuff. we will have bacon butties breakie and eat out at lunch etc.

Spare gas, collapsing light, peg hammer, 2 thin sleeping bags, blow-up pillows, plastic wine glasses lol (why not) most cooking stuff and all above go in the tail bag with space for sugar, coffee etc. All the Mrs has to carry is tent and sleeping bag, few spare clothes.

Just got to decide where but near Whitby looks likely. A site with cafe looks likely so we only need to cook brews and breakfast. And can wash etc.

I do like the idea of rough camping out in the wild as it were, but only Scotland and Dartmoor offer that. But far for her this time.

thanks for the input. As its, a novelty for us and the first time we will take pics of it to bore you all with :)

• 1 month later...
Guest Richzx6r

Well, we had a great time. kit was fine and if anything better seats lol but was all good.

And on the Saturday in Scarborough, I asked the Mrs to marry me and the dafty said yes lol.

Congrats mate, hope a good time was had

Glad you enjoyed the camping, sounds like you got that bit sorted .

And on the Saturday in Scarborough, I asked the Mrs to marry me and the dafty said yes lol.

Give it a few years you will be wondering who was the daft one....

:)

Give it a few years you will be wondering who was the daft one....

:)

lol, I doubt it. breath of fresh air she is, most previous were totally nutty. never laughed so much in my life. And alot of that was trying to be frisky in a tent :)