3/4 days away on the bike....

onesea

Not a question I ever imagined asking but I would like suggestions for a few days away with my good lady on the bike (for her birthday weekend no less)...

We can be based Saturday (2nd July) morning for the start in:

Hampshire, Oxfordshire or the Wirral...

Restrictions we want to do 1 hour stops shes not that bike aclimatised yet, although she has done a 150 mile day. Then her first suggestion was Ireland!

My suggestion was the IOM.

I was going to start this just asking about biker friendly accommodation on the IOM, then I figured we do tend to follow the weather.

So will not book until next week.

So looking for your favourite haunts and places to stay, should not be all bikey although it will be our prime mode of transport.

All suggestions appreciated.

If you can't stretch as far as Scotland, then the lake district is lovley.

If you can venture to Scotland. Anywhere north and west of Glasgow is fantastic, or Arran to an extent.

Lovely roads, and pleantly of non bike stuff to do.

head north

as anything south is shit :mrgreen:

Scotland & Back from here in 4 days is a hike even for hardened biker... We have been there before in the past I have spent much time up there and would always go back...

My good lady though thats a long time on a bike after only being Pillion a handful of times...

I'm off to camping to a place called Eskdale in the lakes tomorrow until Sunday. Good base to explorer the west of the lakes where it's quieter.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

head north

Except the eurotunnel at Folkstone Stu.... Then France Belgium Luxembourg do I have to continue :D

head north

Scotland & Back from here in 4 days is a hike even for hardened biker... We have been there before in the past I have spent much time up there and would always go back...

My good lady though thats a long time on a bike after only being Pillion a handful of times...

I never mentioned Scotland :wink:

Plenty of places about

how about north Wales

head north

Except the eurotunnel at Folkstone Stu.... Then France Belgium Luxembourg do I have to continue :D

Thats if you make it out alive from france and dont pick up any extra baggage :lol:

head north

I never mentioned Scotland :wink:

Plenty of places about

how about north Wales

Lots of beautiful places in north wales and only a short trip from the Wirral. Anglesey and Holyhead are nice too.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

head north

Thats if you make it out alive from france and dont pick up any extra baggage :lol:

Nice little earner, pays for the holiday :D

Have been looking into this...

Portsmouth - France Ferries around £230

Ireland Around £ 200

IOM Around £180

Euro Tunnel £80 But we have to get to Folkestone in 1 hour hops form here that's not a nice journey M3/M25 or coast road through Brighton.

And Shock horror IOW £38.50! That's cheaper than a foot passenger rate for open return on some routes...

Always nice to take inspiration from others as we always seem to choose the same places LOL...

• 1 month later...