Germany (cochem)

Stu

The plan

Sail out on the 29th June from hull to zeebrugge stay 3 nights at hotel holl in Cochem and sail back 3rd July!

Meet up with our Dutch friend on the Saturday in Adenau

No other plans made!

On the ferry on the way out! this is where we made the plans for getting to Cochem! set sat nav to hotel avoid motorways!

We stuck to the motorway off the ferry then just before Brussels we cam off and followed the sat nav with a few decisions to ignore it if we came to some crap areas!

2016-06-29 18.07.29.jpg

On the ferry awaiting to disembark

2016-06-30 09.22.29.jpg

2016-06-30 09.22.33.jpg

couple of fuel stops and leg stretches and before we knew it we was at the hotel! with a river view!

2016-06-30 18.06.30.jpg

Unpack then a chill with a beer or two

2016-06-30 19.03.48.jpg

2016-06-30 19.49.45.jpg

we had a couple of decent rides whilst there again with nothing planned and just riding around and finding roads! and stopping to watch the world go by!

2016-07-01 10.49.00.jpg

2016-07-01 11.07.37.jpg

2016-07-01 11.07.42.jpg

2016-07-01 12.46.29.jpg

There was also a cable car that we decided to go on! was a nice view from the top! shame about the size of the beer they served!!

2016-07-01 16.15.28.jpg

2016-07-01 16.03.18.jpg

2016-07-01 16.03.28.jpg

One of our mates who lives in Holland came for the day on Saturday so we met up in Adenau which is right on top of the Nürburgring

2016-07-02 14.02.33.jpg

2016-07-02 15.03.30.jpg

2016-07-02 14.02.38.jpg

More food and beer been consumed!

2016-07-01 20.34.08.jpg

2016-07-02 19.48.13.jpg

Then back home! again with no plan back to the ferry we found some cracking roads staying away from the motorways!

2016-07-03 15.59.07.jpg

I'm not a big fan of taking pics! I always forget :lol:

All in all it was a good trip covering about 725 miles! but its not all about mileage :wink:

As you can see there is a pattern with beer and food :lol:

Forgot to add

on the way back to the ferry coming out of a small village picking up speed I was attacked by a dog!

It came running out of a garden straight at me! with no time to react it found itself bouncing off the side of the bike at about 50!!

bloody stupid Belgium dogs! :roll:

We went into Cocham last year and had some grub (food again ) :D lovely place...

I'm the same with photos I do try and take a few , but forget .

Best get another trip booked Stu, and get yourself on a diet :wink:

I'm off in a couple of weeks , we might even get to Cocham again , I'll remember to get some pics :thumb:

I thought I best point out I am not in any of those pics I am much slimmer than the rest of them :wink:

although I am on a diet :oops:

I am currently looking at new bikes and I said to the wife I would have to book another trip to test it out if I buy one :mrgreen:

I thought I best point out I am not in any of those pics I am much slimmer than the rest of them :wink:

although I am on a diet :oops:

I am currently looking at new bikes and I said to the wife I would have to book another trip to test it out if I buy one :mrgreen:

I know you wasn't in the pictures :roll: your green and dress like a policeman .

:lol:

had me thinking what the hell you was on about then!!

here is a pic of us all

left to right is me, the wife (Tracey), Keith (keithg24 on here), Gary (Techno) and Vicki

2016-07-02 18.47.45.jpg

I'm assuming so, it is a full license I have just restricted also roxxyy has been abroad and I think she hasn't had a problem :)

I'll be passing my full test when I'm 21 in may anyway :lol:

We had a young lad on a restricted licence with us for the trip to Germany last year. He was on a CBR500R. He even did a lap of the ring. He's a member here but I haven't seen him post for a long time. I think his user name is trotter something.

He loved every minute of the trip and I saw his confidence grow by the day.

Are you about to add a few words George?

Good pics Stu. What bike you looking at next? Does it start with a B and end in a W? [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes and yes! it also has an M in it!!

k1600 or the R1200RT

I need to test ride both

if they could put that 1600 motor in the 1200 frame I think we would have a winner!

Looks a good trip Stu.

Heard very good things about the K1600 and I nearly went for one.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Looks like a great trip!

Where do you go to get a view of the Nieburgleringring then Stu? We couldn't find anywhere to see anything when we wuz there last year.

Edited by bonio

unfortunately its not just about me it has to be a compromise between what I like and the wife likes! :roll:

Balls! [emoji20]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Looks like a great trip!

Where do you go to get a view of the Nieburgleringring then Stu? We couldn't find anywhere to see anything when we wuz there last year.

There is a viewing point in adenau

I will get a view from Google maps when I get home

The viewing area at Adenau is just a smidge under a 5 mile ride from the entrance to the track.

I'm guessing you mean the main entrance? As there is also an entrance in adenau too

We rode through the main entrance area to adenau and the road is a really nice bit of tarmac! It's very smooth and flowing