Anyone had Experience with Eagle Riders?

Grumpy Old Git

Looking to book a road trip in the US of A and have been considering 'Eagle Riders' for Motorcycle hire (Harley's of course!).

First choice is too expensive (Chicago to LA on Route 66) - so, alternative is 5 days hire from Salt Lake City (I know the area and there are some great roads / scenery).

Anyone any experience with USA bike hire / Eagle Riders?

Tips?

Recommendations?

:cheers:

• 4 months later...

Only just seen this thread, so hopefully it's not too late...

I hired an Electra Glide through Eagle Rider in California last March, for a 2-day jolly at the end of a conference. They were great, but expensive (the 2-day Harley hire cost the same as hiring the Mustang for the preceding 10 days). They were also ultra helpful and very accommodating when my plans changed at the last minute.

I picked up and dropped off in Monterey and went down Highway 1 along the coast through Carmel and Big Sur to San Luis Obispo (site of pilgrimage for me as it's where my beloved MusicMan Sterling and Stingray basses were made). I was going to head on down to LA but the weather was starting to turn so I headed inland a bit instead.

The guy in the Monterey shop was great when I collected the bike: he gave me his personal mobile number in case I had any problems out-of-hours, but didn't have a clue what I was talking about when I told him that I didn't need the SatNav (they call it a GPS). He liked this new term, and said he'd add it to his collection of favourite British words, top of the list being 'w*nker'. He went on to explain that although he doesn't let his kids swear in the house, he makes an exception for 'w*nker' because it makes them feel cosmopolitan. Apparently it's used most enthusiastically at their dinner table: "Pass me the ketchup, you w*nker..." That sort of thing. Lovely.

:lol: