Touring tips

Stu

British motorists travelling to Paris, Lyon and Grenoble need to make sure they don’t get caught out by the new Crit'Air scheme that has come into force.

ooh.. what to do, what to do?

erm.. how about, not going to these places.. or is that too complicated?

and if in the future.. more cities are added.. then avoid them too. if this is applied nationwide at some point.. then, reconsider the options.

Edited by Gerontious

British motorists travelling to Paris, Lyon and Grenoble need to make sure they don’t get caught out by the new Crit'Air scheme that has come into force.

and if in the future.. more cities are added.. then avoid them too. if this is applied nationwide at some point.. then, reconsider the options.

Ooh.. what to do, what to do?

I suppose if I don't have anything constructive to say I could just not post a reply to the thread.. or is that too complicated?

Ooh.. what to do, what to do?

I suppose if I don't have anything constructive to say I could just not post a reply to the thread.. or is that too complicated?

Not at all.. but then this is a thread on touring tips.. and so far, this concern about a €5 charge to legally visit 3 cities is a little premature given the vastness of the country of France. if you don't want to pay.. then don't go to these cities. why is that not a constructive comment? This new regulation seems entirely focussed on urban pollution.. so.. stay out of the cities.

For my part I will be interested to see what Lille does.. will they force everyone that uses the A25 (in particular) to buy one of these vignettes.. assuming they enact this regulation at some point. If they force visitors to the city to have one.. will they include those passing through on the Autoroute?

Paris, the third most visited city in the world, a third of tourists visiting France.

Lyon, nearly a 10th of visitors visiting France.

600,000 visitors a year to a single attraction in Grenoble.

No, not important at all, just three insignificant French cities that nobody visits, just avoid them, easy. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh no, it's not as easy as I thought! :shock: I didn't avoid them, because I didn't know I had to, because nobody posted about it on the internet, because it was just three cities. :roll: So I went there and got fined. :crybaby:

So avoid those cities is your solution. And posting it on the internet is premature. Did you know about it prior to reading it somewhere on the internet? If not how would you have known to avoid those cities?

tourists and touring by bike. different things?

obviously some people do travel to france with the intention of riding from city to city or to a city. and they will have to pay. but.. for everyone else.. those visiting to ride in their quite marvellous countryside. is this an issue? probably not.

but.. one day it might be if this regulation is rolled out nationwide to all cities, towns and villages.

tourists and touring by bike. different things?

obviously some people do travel to france with the intention of riding from city to city or to a city. and they will have to pay. but.. for everyone else.. those visiting to ride in their quite marvellous countryside. is this an issue? probably not.

but.. one day it might be if this regulation is rolled out nationwide to all cities, towns and villages.

It's an issue if you don't know about it and get fined.

There's no reason whatsoever why that information shouldn't be posted in this thread.

The fact you don't think it's that relevant, is frankly, irrelevant, other people read the forum not just you.

How do you know how many people it's of interest to? (as it happens I'm in Paris by car at half term)

Even if somebody wasn't planning a trip to one of those cities, they may still have found it useful or interesting to know about it. Even if only one other person benefitted from it, then it was worth posting.

Like Hoggs says, something doesn't interest you personally move on, nobody else needs to hear how relevant you think it is.

There's no reason whatsoever why that information shouldn't be posted in this thread.

Is this something Im supposed to have advocated? No.

I dont make a habit of thanking someone I want to censor.

I gave an opinion and its ATTACK !!!

I merely pointed out that this was currently restricted to 3 cities.. a fact not mentioned up to that point. and if you dont want the worry about having one of these sticklers on your bike.. then dont bother going to these 3 cities.

and as it turns out.. this is a hugely controversial idea.

differing opinions.. not wanted. ok.

excellent.

Edited by Gerontious

"Not at all.. but then this is a thread on touring tips.. and so far, this concern about a €5 charge to legally visit 3 cities is a little premature given the vastness of the country of France"

Ahem, why am I thinking of Donald Trump? Put on your best accent and exclaim "I did NOT say that"

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk