Vietnam

Cpt_Tact

Well a few friends actually feel like doing something that will have a lasting memory and after some travel buddies did 4 days just randomly riding around north Vietnam we are sold.

What I am asking is I can find loads of places that rent bikes and offer tours but has anyone actually done any or can recommend some companies over there as its just a complete minefield :(

We are looking around 10 days riding and not fussed if with another group. We would prefer more of a scenery tour rather than a full on off road motox tour.

Thanks

Not Vietnam but I hired a scootypuff in Thailand for a week or so for a few dollars/day and bimbled about the place solo.

I never hired there but started riding there on scooters. If it was me I would hire what's available locally and find my own way, I may of got lucky in my time there.

A friend who lives in Thailand commented he seen people loose days with breakdown because of waiting for parts for unusual bikes. Had they of a local bike they could of been on the road in short time.

Make sure your insured and the rest comes down to luck and making the best of the adventure.

• 2 weeks later...

Not done Vietnam but in Dom rep right now and my advice is if it's anything like it is here, get a scooter for the low maintenance.

The bikes here all suffer dry and slack chains and we took ours back after a day with it.