Iceland

Smugtastic

Usually bikes are transported by ship from immingham.. using Eimskip. I have heard that they have increased their rates and its now about £900 plus maritime insurance.

Motorcycles... ie BMW GS can be hired in reykjavik http://www.rmc.is/biking-viking/rental/

RATES

Rental rates 2018.

Econo F700GS

1-3 days: EUR 240 per day.

4-6 days: EUR 230 per day.

7-13 days: EUR 218 per day.

14 days +: EUR 205 per day.

Medio F800GS

1-3 days: EUR 310 per day.

4-6 days: EUR 290 per day.

7-14 days: EUR 265 per day.

14 days +: EUR 250 per day.

Executive R1200GS

1-3 days: EUR 350 per day

4-6 days, EUR 340 per day

7-14 days: EUR 305 per day

14 days+: EUR 285 per day

Petrol today costs about £1.46 a litre

not sure about flight and accommodation costs.

Edited by Gerontious

Has anyone done any motorbike riding in Iceland, I'm after tips costs etc. Can you take own bike if so how or is it cheaper to hire out there ? Thanks in advance

Main problem is getting through the front doors - the checkouts ain't a piece of cake, either! On the plus side, the prawn rings are great!

I towed my caravan around it for two weeks. Fantastic place. I saw a guy on a 600 bandit, but most use off road bikes or GSs. Route one needs regular maintenance, so watch out for some very bumpy roadworks.

I work at the Immingham Terminal and we do get a lot of bikes going out to Iceland, all GS's and the like. They have to be containerised and it isn't cheap. Most do it as a group to make it cheaper but Iceland is very expensive, or so I am told by the bikers. All of them do say that it is worth every penny though. Me, I will stick to nice warm holidays as I hate the cold. :lol:

Has anyone done any motorbike riding in Iceland, I'm after tips costs etc. Can you take own bike if so how or is it cheaper to hire out there ? Thanks in advance

Main problem is getting through the front doors - the checkouts ain't a piece of cake, either! On the plus side, the prawn rings are great!

My mother went there but has yet to return.