on tour

fastbob

Right , here I go on another epic tour to northern Scotland. If any of you spot me on the road please come and say hello .

WP_20170724_20_30_38_Pro.thumb.jpg.fd9f3ca5be11e5b46bb46e324e0bcfa0.jpg

Are you sure your road legal, I'm sure new rules say the cat has to be fitted and working....

What's the route?

Coventry, Derby, Huddersfield, Halifax, Keighley,Kendal , Keswick, Carlisle, Gretna, Glasgow, bridge of orchy . Did it all in one go ! Not bad for an ER5. Camped at Bridge of Orchy , just ridden through Glen Coe in the rain , clouds below the mountains were spectacular, now I'm in McDonalds in Fort William.

Simples, it has to stop being a pussy

Sorry couldn't resist it.

Come on Bob where you at.

How did you know he was called Bob ?

@fastbob the road out of fortwilliam heading north if you go straight over mini roundabout and keep Ben nevis on your left, it's where they filmed brave Hart, cary on to the end of the road and walk a mile they filmed a lot of Harry potty.

Glen africa is nice too, in fact it's all good I envy you, have fun ride safe.

Hi [mention]fastbob[/mention] if you want off the beaten track, try Kinloch Hourn tea rooms. 22 miles outside Invergarry it is on most road maps :D Just watch road over last couple miles :shock: Well thy call it a road!!!!!!. This was taken in 2016. But yes envy you and looking forward to September when me and the missus will be up there, enjoy.SAM_0771.thumb.JPG.c7e0fb338a80f874c1185998272fdf15.JPG

@fastbob the road out of fortwilliam heading north if you go straight over mini roundabout and keep Ben nevis on your left, it's where they filmed brave Hart, cary on to the end of the road and walk a mile they filmed a lot of Harry potty.

Glen africa is nice too, in fact it's all good I envy you, have fun ride safe.

Thanks , I'm camped in Glen Nevis right now . I've been here many times before. The Braveheart location has always been a weirdly atmospheric place long before Mr Gibson came along . Went to Glen Afric once but we were set upon by more midges than I have ever seen in all my visits to Scotland. Like dense smoke they were , terrifying! Went out to Mallaig and back this morning just for the road . It's no where near as much fun as it used to be 30 years ago due to "improvements" but still a brilliant ride .

This is where Clarkson etc from Top Gear played golf but they pretended to be in Knoydart which is further on and only reachable by boat despite still being the UK mainland .

WP_20180715_10_56_44_Pro.thumb.jpg.ae986c1af368a3506a4439b540821857.jpg

What's tomorrow's points of interest.

I'm in inverness right now , off to Channonry point to spot some dolphins , hopefully, then off to Ullapool to rest at Ardmair point and hopefully photograph otters . I got an attachment that fits my phone to binoculars but my phone has been acting very strangely.

WP_20180716_09_41_06_Pro.thumb.jpg.5d868de3f0b79eb4cf110808b3ca4545.jpg

WP_20180716_10_26_56_Pro.thumb.jpg.e798275aefeef2fe56a9a12257d406ea.jpg

[mention]fastbob[/mention]

If you're planning on heading down the east coast and travelling over the Queensferry Crossing, follow the signs into South Queensferry and stop off at Biker's Cove - very friendly wee cafe, right on the front and cracking views of all 3 bridges.

Give a shout out in advance and I'll nip down to say hello.

Hello , back on the grid ! No 4G up here. Been up to Durness , Tounge , Lairg , back across to Ullapool , went to Applecross , came DOWN Bealach Na Ba. Back to Fort William, now I'm at Arisaig . Great trip so far .

WP_20180717_09_51_24_Pro.thumb.jpg.f01b6692af5134aea63ba1d49a84b595.jpg

WP_20180717_10_33_51_Pro.thumb.jpg.65659c7560a5e319a037b56f571e1d52.jpg

WP_20180717_10_57_04_Pro.thumb.jpg.ef518bf1a826a850845b8a06c1c0606b.jpg

WP_20180718_12_08_41_Pro.thumb.jpg.8d2c9f745e5a512ade6aeb9c967c6c2f.jpg

You're probably too far down now, but our neighbours keep raving about Ardnamurchan...... 8-)

No , I'm actually north of Arnamurchan in theory I can see it in the distance. I've been right to the end to Kilchoan on the GSXR but the road is a killer . 36 miles of single track roller coaster . I've done it on my push bike as well, 78 miles from fort William in a day . Beautiful place but very hard work .