First Timer (Also fairly new to biking)

Scox91

Hi All,

I am relatively new to biking and a bit of a nervous nelly about doing things like this but I would absolutely love to try maybe doing a weekend riding in France via Eurotunnel (using my own bike) at the end of September if the wallet allows.

Just wondering if any of you recommend it and if so where a good route would be? Id like to do some nice scenery and road riding (I have a ninja 400 so off roading wouldn't work well). Would like to know if the side of France id come out on would offer what I am looking for as I would only have maybe a weekend to do it.

Would love any recommendations or advice anyone can give, or alternatives if anyone knows of cheaper places to go that have lovely roads in Europe.

I wouldn't bother, Macron has introduced 50kph speed limits on all main roads. Also petrol & tolls have gone up a lot.

We used to drive through with the motorhome but considering getting the ferry straight to Spain this year... Now there's an idea for you 8-)

There is a fairly huge national park right on the doorstep from the Channel Tunnel.. for a weekend, I would be exploring that, over 500 square miles to keep you busy.

I think that's the sort of thing that I'd enjoy!

I wouldn't bother, Macron has introduced 50kph speed limits on all main roads. Also petrol & tolls have gone up a lot.

We used to drive through with the motorhome but considering getting the ferry straight to Spain this year... Now there's an idea for you 8-)

I was reading up about the speed limits and petrol yesterday actually, I am not sure if the speed would bother me too much as id probably take it easy anyway but the cost could be something to consider

Spain would be a great idea!

So is it gonna be France or Spain? Germany is quite do-able on a long weekend, as well. Would you be camping or hotelling or hostelling it? If you're gonna go camping, and you've never done it on a bike before, would suggest you try a dry run in Blighty first. Perhaps a night at the rally just to see if you like it?

But you'll have a blast. If you want some company, I'd be tempted to give it a go as well........ September will be nice over there.

Let us know what you decide to do.

Cheers

S23.

Guest Richzx6r

So is it gonna be France or Spain? Germany is quite do-able on a long weekend, as well. Would you be camping or hotelling or hostelling it? If you're gonna go camping, and you've never done it on a bike before, would suggest you try a dry run in Blighty first. Perhaps a night at the rally just to see if you like it?

But you'll have a blast. If you want some company, I'd be tempted to give it a go as well........ September will be nice over there.

Let us know what you decide to do.

Cheers

S23.

I love going away camping on the bike, it's much more involving than going in a car, also is it strange that I prefer riding the ninja when its fully loaded with gear it's so much nicer to ride, most iv got on her so far is enough gear for 2 weeks for me and the missus