Holiday in Pyrenees and alps

jem1

Hi I am going on holiday to the Pyrenees and then up France along the alps I intend to spend about 5 weeks any suggestions as to routes would be welcome I intend to stay in hostels along the way so if you know of any it would also be useful . I have just bought a 09 BMW f800st it should be a good test for it. I don't think any body would be interested but anybody wants to come along for part or all of the trip they would be very welcome . I intend setting off the second week of june

I went over the Col du Mont Cenis last week, going from France into Italy.

Brilliant road, great scenery, little traffic and the sun was shining. Highly recommended.

The snow lining the road on the higher reaches was a bonus. 😊

Hello Jem, give us a few more details. How are you crossing the water and a rough idea of your route. I have spent lots of time in France and might be able to make some suggestions that don't take you too far out of your way if I know where "your way" is.

I intend to go by ferry from Portsmouth to sandander or bilbao and then go along the bottom end of France to the other end of the pyrenees then up the far side of France to almost level with Paris. And then visit family in Paris on the way home is this viable?n as you know this is only the second time I will have been abroad touring on a bike or on anything else nice to speak to you again by the way

Jem

The Travelodge in Portsmouth is handy for the ferry, it's just across the road from the ferry terminal.

Biarritz is worth a visit for a few hours, it's a bit of a millionaires playground but worth seeing.

I am not familiar with the south of France so can't give advice for that area.