125 trip 200 miles

Rkel1988

Planning on going back home this weekend manchester to essex and its around 200 miles. Im on L plates and obviously have to avoid motorways. Im a pretty confident rider. Am i bonkers to do this 😂

Planning on going back home this weekend manchester to essex and its around 200 miles. Im on L plates and obviously have to avoid motorways. Im a pretty confident rider. Am i bonkers to do this 😂

Ride safe out there! [mention]Rkel1988[/mention] have you ever ridden that distance before or close to it?

Ride safe out there! @Rkel1988 have you ever ridden that distance before or close to it?

Nope not even close i do possibly do 15 miles a day commuting. I do it regularly in a car but its obviously very different.

Ride safe out there! @Rkel1988 have you ever ridden that distance before or close to it?

Nope not even close i do possibly do 15 miles a day commuting. I do it regularly in a car but its obviously very different.

Yikes! Then like others have said, take it easy on the ride out then. I've ridden up to 100miles in one day and I thought it was pretty heavy going, however not all of it was country road riding too, not sure how I would handle if majority of the road is NSL. :|

Yikes! Then like others have said, take it easy on the ride out then. I've ridden up to 100miles in one day and I thought it was pretty heavy going, however not all of it was country road riding too, not sure how I would handle if majority of the road is NSL. :|

Sorry for my naivety what is nsl?

Sorry for my naivety what is nsl?

My bad, it is National Speed Limit, I meant country road riding for the majority of the way home. :)

Guest Richzx6r

I used to do 150+miles on my old 125 eliminator quite alot so its definitely doable it just depends on how mechanically sympathetic you are, I definitely wasn't very sympathetic to my 125 and it was flat out whenever I went on a long journey aswell as pretty much everywhere else and it never let me down apart from once when I went to Stafford and the electrics shat themselves but apart from that one it never missed a beat

I used to do 150+miles on my old 125 eliminator quite alot so its definitely doable it just depends on how mechanically sympathetic you are, I definitely wasn't very sympathetic to my 125 and it was flat out whenever I went on a long journey aswell as pretty much everywhere else and it never let me down apart from once when I went to Stafford and the electrics shat themselves but apart from that one it never missed a beat

I thought the only way to ride a 125 was flat out?! 😂

Rich, how long did you have the eliminator till you ran the bike to the ground? :wink:

Guest Richzx6r

Rich, how long did you have the eliminator till you ran the bike to the ground? :wink:

I had it for 4 odd years and sold it to my best mate for £170 who then decided to undo all my hard work of customizing the bike and put it back to standard and got nearly £900 but it did have nearly 60k miles on the clock in those 4 years

I had it for 4 odd years and sold it to my best mate for £170 who then decided to undo all my hard work of customizing the bike and put it back to standard and got nearly £900 but it did have nearly 60k miles on the clock in those 4 years

Lol, I hope you didn't give your mate those original parts too or he got you good for that sell price. 8-)

That bike sure has done a lot of miles, it's impressive if it's still going!

Where on the a1 it happen, also that shouldn't have done that doing 50/60mph

It happened about 30 miles before the ok diner going southbound. I know but luckily its a cheap fix. Cheap chinese parts. My own fault for buying!