Calling new riders!!!

Gerontious

I have a space available for our annual week away in the Eifel Mountains and North Luxembourg. This for the week Saturday 7 to Saturday 14th September.

Only up front cost is a tunnel crossing and a room for the overnight stay (sat 7th) at Ashford Premier inn. Both of which you book yourself. Very simple.

It's week of fairly relaxed, stress free rides. In a fantastic environment. Part of a friendly, welcoming group. German roads have to be seen to be believed.

Absolutely perfect for a new rider, newly passed, wanting to improve your skills or ride with a group, or perhaps you don't know anyone local to ride with. Only demand from me is that you have a bike that's fine for motorway speeds and you can ride 65 miles in one go and that it's had a recent service and is ready to go. 65 miles is about as far as we ride on the way there, in one go before having a rest stop. If you can strap a bag on the pillion with a couple of changes of clothes and a weeks worth of undies. That's all you need. No need to fret about a lack of panniers and so on. I'm just taking a 50l dry bag.

We stay in a budget, but still... Rather pleasant hotel on the outskirts of a very small town. Half board. Double room. En suite. On a quiet and very safe side street. Cost for your room is €40 per night. No sharing.

Other costs are a light lunch each day... Nothing expensive or fancy. Beer and petrol.

We are going in 5 weeks. And I will be cancelling the room in the next week or so. There was no deposit, so no worries.

I see a few new riders have joined the forum and might be interested. Have a think and if you are interested send me a message and I'll happily answer any questions you might have. If you are interested... Act fast.

Cheers.

Bump.

Last chance.. I will be cancelling the room on Friday. And so, there will be 7 of us going.

BTW. coming with us this year means you will get an automatic invite for our 12 day trip to the Black Forest, Austrian Alps and Dolomites next year. The B500. Grossglockner High road and a day (or two or more) in the Dolomites.

That trip will not be an open invite.. as I will need people I know and can trust. (and spaces will be limited.)

https://www.grossglockner.at/gg/en/index

I asked the hotel owner a quick question last night and as part of his reply he asked if we still needed 8 rooms.

I told him 'No', that i was going to message and probably cancel a room at the weekend. But, no... just 7.

Thats alright.. just takes an email to get it back. Usually.. the week we go, just after 'back to school day'. We have the hotel mostly to ourselves as well as the roads. once all the locals are safely at work.

Its a big ask. looking for someone to join up with bunch of random strangers.. year after year. Easier when there are months to go, which is why I tend to set the ball rolling in January. Which allows time for questions to be asked and answered and minds satisfied that this isnt a money making scam or anything like that.

I treat it as my holiday and invite people along. simple.

We go to The Eifel/North Luxembourg for 2 years in a row.. and then somewhere else, year 3, for a change. Then back again, to The Eifel. its a firm favourite.. a hidden gem, that most people bypass en route to the Nurburgring or further east and south avoiding french Toll motorways.

Huge.. beautiful.. roads like silk.. empty of traffic and tourists.. a varied landscape of low mountains, winding valleys. plateaux. And the Rhine/Mosel. All, within a very easy days ride of the Tunnel.

We will be back in 2021.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Would love to have gone on this! Do you do any shorter breaks as Mrs would probably go mad if I was away for a week and left her with kids lol

They go mad anyway, so at least you will know the reason

Would love to have gone on this! Do you do any shorter breaks as Mrs would probably go mad if I was away for a week and left her with kids lol

No, this is something I do just once a year and we seem to have reached the point where 5 days away isn't enough. So next year it will be 8 days plus travel. 10 days all together.