Amsterdam to Le Mans

Jacobyte

I’m heading down to Le Mans for the 24hr race in June and my mate and I are taking our bikes over to Amsterdam from Newcastle on the ferry.

I’ve ridden in Europe a few times and have always been very well organised and known what are good routes and areas to play in because it’s been a “bike” holiday to the usual well known bike friendly areas.

This time the journey is more about getting from A to B but I really don’t want to simply head down a motorway for 7.5hrs so I’m reaching out to see if anyone has any knowledge of an interesting route I could take, or place I should visit / ride through.

I’m expecting one over night stop somewhere to split the journey and would consider two over nights if a farther-a-field detour was justified for some quality ride time.

Anyone have any experience in the area or suggest some good websites that I could use for help with my planning?

Have a look at this website - might give you some ideas

https://www.bestbikingroads.com/motorcycle-roads/country/france

Swiss Normandy is on my doorstep some interesting roads round there :thumb:

P.S. Be very aware of you speed around Le Mans that time of year the gendarmerie have a field day with speeders - and show no mercy

• 1 month later...

Hi, the route from Amsterdam to Le Mans is not very interesting or scenic, it's motorway, very flat, busy and commercial. I see that your from the North East. Personally l would be inclined to take a run down the UK to the south coast and get a ferry across the channel to Caen or Le Havre it's then a nice easy ride to Le Mans.

Not looking good Stu, my plans are well and truly scuppered for this year already The Manx GP is hanging on by a thread,I'm not holding out much hope for that either

Not looking good Stu, my plans are well and truly scuppered for this year already The Manx GP is hanging on by a thread,I'm not holding out much hope for that either

yes i can see the manx being binned as well :(