Uk Mates Trip During Coronavirus

Nitonman

Hi all, every year 4 of us go away for a few days touring. This year there is obviously the coronavirus issue. We were going to France but cancelled, then Ireland but both may lock down while we are there. Next thought was Wales for 4/5 days, but we are up against multiple household rules / bubbles etc.

Any thoughts on how we can achieve 4 of us ( non related, separate households) going away and sharing accommodation. Looking at September maybe October.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Im heading down to Austria in 3 weeks.

it started as Austria and then that became apparently too problematic. so switched to the south of France and now Im back on course to head to Austria. its been swings and roundabouts all right. but.. if you want to go to europe there is absolutely nothing stopping you. just Spain and Luxembourg as places you are 'staying' are off the list.

if you google "Eifel Germany" and like the look of it, imagine mid wales but on a much bigger scale, i can point you at a very nice and affordable hotel that you can stay at no problem at all.. and there will be a chorus of approval from everyone who has been there with me. you can bet on it.

All over the Eu is easy at the moment, but it can change from day to day. As well return to uk u newer know what will be in week or two. When I went to Croatia beginning of June everything was fine. Up on return two weeks after I had to self isolate for two weeks.

Reports say there may be a second wave hitting UK in October so might be risky going abroad at that time. After what happened to brits on holiday in Spain recently I'd be leary of going out of UK!

up against multiple household rules / bubbles etc.

Any thoughts on how we can achieve 4 of us ( non related, separate households) going away and sharing accommodation.

Stay in England claim 2 bubbles and book share twin rooms. I doubt anyone will be checking.

Or leave booking till late and check your travel advise.