Germany in September....Alps campsite recommendations

Shakyisslowas

Hi guys, great site here.

Any recommendations for campsites around the Alps and Black Forrest area first weeks in September ....nothing fancy, prefer more basic to be honest, quieter the better too I could snore for England....

Cheers guys

It doesn't matter.. No holidays in September, any week is a normal working week so they will all be quiet. aside from the inevitable dutch in their motorised luxury villas, but they will be in a separate area. September, so the roads will be quiet too, once any local excuse for a 'rush hour' is done. Which is why we always wait until after the August bank holiday to go away. Cheaper too as high season is over. The Germans don't really do simple 'basic' campsites. About the closest you will come is one with a shower block that doesn't have heated floors.

I love my European trips but have cancelled them all this year. With the Government imposing quarantines left right and centre I felt it best to stay in the UK. I cannot be certain that while I'm away they might impose a quarantine. Maybe next year :P

I'm fed up of trying to get them the right way up! :lol:

It works once then goes back to sideways :scratch:

The first 2 pics are on the site, the third is from the top of the mountain,

the train ride up there, through the mountain is expensive at £50+ each but is fantastic :thumb: