New partner not supportive

TunnelEyes

What Westbeef said! If you can shell for the app phone/tablet its worth its weight in gold! You only need a bit of common sense for the most part on the theory and just brush up a couple of specific things.

You should be able to clear that no problem :cheers:

I had similar issues with my ex. She belittled everything that I had done.

In the end after a lot of time and pain, I got out of there and have been happily single for quite a long time.

Yes sometimes I think id be happy in a relationship but then I go back to what happened and just go back to being happy being single.

Sorry I am not being much helpful but it just rang true with me.

You obviously know what you are doing and just keep at it.

All the best regards Thomas

There's probably a few or more fellas on this forum wishing they where 20 years younger

LOL!

Someone once told me the age of right or wrong is half your age plus 7, try it, it works IMO.

For a 20 year old, 20 / 2 = 10, + 7 = 17, so going out with a 17 year old is OK, but younger than that and people (especially parents) will start to worry about the age gap.

For a 40 year old, a partner much younger than 27 may raise eyebrows amongst friends and family.

If an 80 year old is going out with a 47 year old, one of them probably is a gold digger, or bit mentally challenged, but they are old enough to make their own mistakes and not care whether it raises eyebrows or not.

Yeah, i don't ever do well on that acceptable age thing tbf. Ignore it, it's one of those silly rules

Sounds like he's still hoping TunnelEyes, even though he's old enough to be your Dad! :wink: :lol:

Yeah, i don't ever do well on that acceptable age thing tbf. Ignore it, it's one of those silly rules like no brown in town that means nothing these days.

So you have an older guy bossing you about telling you bikes and uni are a waste of time... Ditch him now!! He is poisoning your brain..

Hope you're not living with him and trapped...

I've been holding back from posting but would just like to say that it takes a strong person to talk about these things and you already know what you want to do with your life you just need the encouragement and support to carry it through,you might not realise it but you are actually councilling yourself by posting on here and should be proud to have got this far, you are a lot stronger than you think so when you set that goal see it through and when it gets tough have a rant on here and keep on fighting at the end of the day only you can decide who you want in your corner, make the choice that suits you but remember that you should never live a life of regret or could of beens, life can be cruel and sometimes very short so grab it with both hands and live yours your way

Still currently not getting what I'm doing wrong? I try my hardest to be helpful and supportive and loving and everybody I meet seems to just instantly get bored of me or treat me like dirt? Why is it so hard to go, hey yeah, you love your biking go you! You wanna do your license instead of get a car? Go you! I literally ask for nothing yet get knocked all the time? We do weightlifting, knocks my form (even though trainer says it's fine) knocks my riding, even though I'd like to think it's fairly good considering three months ago I'd sit in my room and cry at the thought of being on a bike. Shake with fear. Try not to throw up. I want to go to university? Apparently I'm wasting my time.

Why is every single person I meet like this? Always? Nobody just wants good vibes and mutual appreciation anymore x( everyone just tries to knock you down. I don't even understand why. Not for any ulterior breeding motive so to speak, that's also evident. Why walk into someone's life who's healing from so much shite just to be the same as everyone else immediately.

My bikes in very poor condition, had nearly a month and a half signed off work for poor mental health caused by abuse. Had to quit my job, find one with very few hours and am scraping the pennies together to try and keep her going and afford my tests asap because I need it so badly. I can't even enjoy riding my bike ride now because the grating noise in my gearbox is so loud and it just needs so much TLC which I can't afford.

Uhhh sorry all :(

To be honest he just sounds like an out and out dickhead, as for riding a bike, why shouldn't you be able to?, being female isn't a limiting factor in being able to ride a bike well, and anyone who thinks it is belongs in another century to say the very least.

being female isn't a limiting factor in being able to ride a bike well, and anyone who thinks it is belongs in another century to say the very least.

http://www.womenridersnow.com/docs/stories/4222/Wren03.jpg

http://www.womenridersnow.com/pages/pioneers_the_female_dispatch_riders_of_world_war_II.aspx

I meant one even a few before that!.

So, I feel like this isn't going to work... :roll:

Doesn't ride yet judges my riding - you're too slow into roundabouts/junctions (only been riding 3 months! I only have 11hp!)

Constantly says why don't you get a car I WANT MY BIKE

'Wait til you see the ice in winter', THAT'S OKAY, IT'LL MAKE ME A BETTER RIDER!

When I say someone tried to kill me 'Well I've seen your riding, its probably you'

Why can't he just appreciate my love of bikes and realise its not governed by practicality :(

Sounds like you have a girlfriend not a boyfriend

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

But in all seriousness, you should not have to put up with negativity and bullying.

Next time he makes a snarky comment about anything (especially biking) put him back in his box.

I think venting on here is prob a help on your long winding road and a big step tbh.

You do what you want and if the boot of another half don't fit then there are plenty more boots out there that will fit

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

You're not happy obviously.......time to move on I think..... :shock:

My ex didn't like bikes........hence the ex!

You need to find someone who shares your passion for your pastimes. .....don't think that you can change someone and convert them, it don't work, trust me, I've tried.......you just end up with 2 unhappy people with nothing in common. You're still young......better to take your time and find your soul mate than rush into a doomed relationship. ....... 8-)

Yet again, thank you all x) it really means so much to have the reassurance that it's not just me reacting badly due to negative association with the past if that makes sense? It's hard to convey the love of bikes to someone who doesn't get it (nor the excitement of the arrival of revmafia sports bike leggings eeeee!)

Have you ditched him yet?

If not, I'd say knock it on the head and focus on yourself for a bit. Nothing wrong with being single and having some "you" time.

Get out, find some other bikers and enjoy yourself!

Have you ditched him yet?

If not, I'd say knock it on the head and focus on yourself for a bit. Nothing wrong with being single and having some "you" time.

Get out, find some other bikers and enjoy yourself!

Mentally and physically distancing myself and focusing on myself regardless of his presence in my life. How he reacts will be telling!

Kick 'em to the kerb! :mrgreen: Not while you're riding though, might break something...

Me and my [strikeout]better[/strikeout] [strikeout]worse[/strikeout] other half had a really good conversation about crashing motorbikes on our first date (her first was a Honda Nighthawk with a snapped chain, mine was a Chinese 125 with a locked rear wheel), I think that was the moment when I knew she was a keeper :lol:

I think you know what you have to do, you shouldn't really have to work hard at a relationship and certainly not at the start, that's supposed to be the honeymoon period as for the negativity two words for him, first one starts with f send with o, I'm sure you can fill in the blanks.

If you want to make sure there is no hope, just sit him down down and put it all to him don't leave any room for ambiguity, he doesn't have to love bikes but I'm pretty sure he's supposed to love you.

Remember love can be blind, but it doesn't have to be deaf dumb and stupid.

Good luck

Greetings from a fellow female biker !

If you are really fed up. ride up towards North Dorset one day for a brew with me and we can put the world to rights. Really sorry to hear of your woes. There are lots of men out there who won't put you down, don't let this one get the better of you !

Bit late to this but I spent far too long being treated in a similar way (albeit in a more passive-aggressive way). I had my self esteem and self confidence trampled on and that in itself can make it harder to get out. Had I wanted to get a bike back then. it would have been squashed straight away.

I know it's easier said than done, but don't let anyone, especially someone who professes to love and care for you, treat you like that. Be single for a while, do whatever you want and just love myself. I did it, took some while mind. But there is always someone to help especially in a professional capacity. It's not a weakness to ask for help.

Sadly for me though the single bit is lasting a bit longer than I anticipated!

• 3 weeks later...

My ex gf was totally anti bike. In fact, last year after I'd recoververed from my off, she actually gave me the ultimate of ultimatums. If I got another bike, I'd be single.

Now she actually turned out to be a *u*t in pretty much every way imaginable, and now I'm with someone else. She's not a Big fan of bikes, but knows I am. Yeah she's gonna worry when I get mine (tomorrow) but she'd never try and stop me. In fact she's given pretty good fashion advice on my new kit :lol:

Control freaks are bad news. It won't last, and when you come out the other side you'll look back and think "wtf was I doing with that twat". I do. Every time I look back. Which is rare as fook.

Anyway, enjoy your bike, you'll have plenty of support here whatever you decide to do!