Motorbike usb cable

Mgrhiki

Thank you. Nice to talk to someone about it that obviously has some understanding of electrical circuits.

I would stick a multi meter on one myself and post up the results, but the only one's I have are cigarette lighter socket ones which have an LED on them, so they will give spurious results.

Your original post clearly demonstrated zero understanding of electronics when you suggested because nothing was plugged in it should draw zero current..

But then you went on to spout crap about dripping taps and trying to use scientific phrases like conservation of energy...

Just admit you were wrong and don't actually have a scooby doo rather than belittling other people and trying to argue your way out.... :lol:

Me?wt did i do its you guys give different answer i just ask simple question lol haha [emoji37][emoji206][emoji206] thanks guy

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

:offtopic:

Just to upset every one, for some electronic devices, in this case proximity switches the supplier in the data sheets does list the "LEAKAGE CURRENT".

this is the amount of current that will flow in the circuit when the device is effectively OFF.

https://www.ifm.com/products/uk/ds/IF6044.htm

This is important in my line as these are often connected to Programmable Logic Controllers and if the leakage is too high the controller can not tell when the device is either on or off, and so will not control!

For this reason only i used Baloo's analogy so none electrical peoples understand what we are trying to say. But the leakage current doesnt fall out of the end of the wire, it produces heat in the component as a byproduct of keeping the electronics in a standby condition.

A electrical engineer would call that a loss.

Hmm where can we find al electrical engineer.....

Just to upset every one, for some electronic devices, in this case proximity switches the supplier in the data sheets does list the "LEAKAGE CURRENT".

this is the amount of current that will flow in the circuit when the device is effectively OFF.

This is important in my line as these are often connected to Programmable Logic Controllers and if the leakage is too high the controller can not tell when the device is either on or off, and so will not control!

For this reason only i used Baloo's analogy so none electrical peoples understand what we are trying to say. But the leakage current doesnt fall out of the end of the wire, it produces heat in the component as a byproduct of keeping the electronics in a standby condition.

CASE CLOSED :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Which is exactly what I was saying, the heat is "leakage", thanks.

The whole point of an analogy is to simplify a complex concept, it doesn't have to be exactly the same.

A electrical engineer would call that a loss.

Hmm where can we find al electrical engineer.....

CASE CLOSED :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Indeed! :D :D :D :D

Your original post clearly demonstrated zero understanding of electronics when you suggested because nothing was plugged in it should draw zero current..

No it didn't it posed a question

So to say the USB socket is drawing current despite nothing being powered from it, then you have to be able to explain what that energy is being converted into.

Please tell me what that is, and prove some evidence to back up your theory?

hmmm

But then you went on to spout crap about dripping taps and trying to use scientific phrases like conservation of energy...

Just admit you were wrong and don't actually have a scooby doo rather than belittling other people and trying to argue your way out.... :lol:

I have A level Physics, a degree in IT and I've worked in datacentre services for the last 12 years or so, with 22 years in IT. But no I'm not an electrical engineer clearly.

No, don't admit I was wrong, all I've been saying all along, is if the converter is drawing current then that must be going leaking somewhere, probably to heat, and that has turned out to be 100% accurate.

:up:

:wink: :D

For this reason only i used Baloo's analogy so none electrical peoples understand what we are trying to say.

The electrical engineer used my analogy :booty:

It can't have been that bad :lol: :lol:

Ne, ne, ne, ne, ne, neh! :yay:

Whatever.. normally when people spout a load of contradictory nonsense then demand evidence to prove them wrong it's because they don't believe what others are saying... :roll:

Whatever.. normally when people spout a load of contradictory nonsense then demand evidence to prove them wrong it's because they don't believe what others are saying... :roll:

Have you not figured out yet that my brain doesn't work in a normal way?