Scooter criminals, what to do?

Throttled

This is horrible;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-40604002

the shits on scooters spraying acid as they ride around committing crimes. You tube is full of them, even videoing themselves. The police have yet to come up with a solution, so has anyone got any suggestions?

Mine would be get police on motorbikes, smaller trails bikes so they can get about like scooters, but are faster and go after them. Patrol the side streets and estates in groups and seize all scooters not registered and being ridden by the owner. Stop and search constantly, looking for suspect items such as battery angle grinders. Make possession of acid in a public place without reasonable excuse the same as possession of an offensive weapon.

The level of scooter crime in cities has reached a level that the public has to accept greater police powers.

If someone chooses to run from the police instead of stopping to answer questions then it is them, not the officers, who are responsible for their own injuries or death. It's gloves off time, allow them to be chased whether they have helmets on or not, and allow the use of equipment to bring them to a stop - be it the tyre puncture thing or clipping the machines with a patrol vehicle.

With regards acid, elevate it to the equivalence of knives unless in a sealed package (for legitimate purchases). In fact, I'd ban the carriage of acid, angle grinders and bolt croppers on scooters full stop - make it all a crime of intent to cause GBH and/or theft of motor vehicle with a minimum two year sentence.

I still believe we should build a wall around somewhere shit, like Hull or London, and drop them all in it. Like Escape from New York, but real. And without sexbots.

I still believe we should build a wall around somewhere shit, like Hull or London, and drop them all in it. Like Escape from New York, but real. And without sexbots.

Reminds me of

Three guys, A Welshman , one English, and one Scottish are out walking along the beach together one day. They come across a lantern and a Genie pops out of it. "I will give you each one wish, that’s three wishes in total," says the Genie. The Scottish guy says, "I am a fisherman, my Dad’s a fisherman, his Dad was a fisherman and my son will be one too. I want all the oceans full of fish for all eternity." So, with a blink of the Genie’s eye "poof" the oceans were teaming with fish. The Englishman was amazed, so he said, "I want a wall around England, protecting her, so that no one will get in for all eternity." Again, with a blink of the Genie’s eye "poof" there was a huge wall around England. The Welshman asks, "I’m very curious. Please tell me more about this wall." The Genie explains, "Well, it’s about 350 feet high, 50 feet thick, protecting England so that nothing can get in or out." The Welshman says, "Fill it up with water"

The level of scooter crime in cities has reached a level that the public has to accept greater police powers.

If someone chooses to run from the police instead of stopping to answer questions then it is them, not the officers, who are responsible for their own injuries or death. It's gloves off time, allow them to be chased whether they have helmets on or not, and allow the use of equipment to bring them to a stop - be it the tyre puncture thing or clipping the machines with a patrol vehicle.

With regards acid, elevate it to the equivalence of knives unless in a sealed package (for legitimate purchases). In fact, I'd ban the carriage of acid, angle grinders and bolt croppers on scooters full stop - make it all a crime of intent to cause GBH and/or theft of motor vehicle with a minimum two year sentence.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/nov/03/merseyside-pc-james-ellerton-knocked-criminal-motorcycle-cleared-wrongdoing

Waste of tax payers money having a 4 days trial for a police officer who did the right thing in the majority of people's eyes.

The legal system in this country is a joke. You can basically do what you like if you're on a scooter with no helmet and the criminals know that. Infact even the bored kids know that so to ease the boredom of modern life they have a bit of fun on scramblers on the public roads safe in the knowledge the police won't touch them...

At least he got cleared, but it says he broke down as the verdict was delivered so you can imagine the stress the guy was put under.

Big part of the problem though is not just the legal system, but the relationship between the police and the public, had he not been to court, and instead been cleared through an internal police inquiry there would have been thousands of people baying for blood, shouting boys club corruption, and calling him a Nazi pig who is allowed to hurt members of the public with impunity. There were hundreds of anti-police comments below many of the news articles on that story saying he should have gone to jail.

I know the membership of this forum is quite young, but quite a few of us will remember this being on the news, also in Liverpool...

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/toxteth-riots-1981-background---3369242

And in London....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1981_Brixton_riot

The public can't have protection from the police under some circumstances, but then want them to knock moped riders off when the circumstances are different.

Edited by Anonymous

I wouldn't be a police officer. The line is too fine between doing your job and breaking the law..

They give you a car but you're not allowed to use it to chase criminals, they give you a gun, but you're not allowed to use it without weeks off work and shed load of paperwork. What's the point ?

I wouldn't be a police officer. The line is too fine between doing your job and breaking the law..

They give you a car but you're not allowed to use it to chase criminals, they give you a gun, but you're not allowed to use it without weeks off work and shed load of paperwork. What's the point ?

Me neither.

And you'r the first to get stabbed by terrorists.

Thank god somebody does it though.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/moped-crime-theft-overzealous-police-even-kills-them-former-senior-police-officer-david-videcette-a7843336.html

'I don’t care how many of them fall off and kill themselves because they’re not wearing a crash helmet. We cannot allow them to behave like this in the capital city,' says former senior officer

:thumb: :cheers:

Crap headline from the BBC, trying to get the middle class idiot brigade up in arms once again...

Try "Theft/murder suspect, 16, critical after moped and police car collide" next time :roll:

Never seen the middle classes having a problem, they are usually the right wing ones saying "we don't care knock the buggers off". Police don't get abuse hurled at them as they drive through the leafy middle class suburbs :lol:

Whenever you see riots, people shouting police brutality, and just a general distrust and hatred for the "pigs", its where you have poverty, high unemployment and people who feel marginalised.

Whenever you see riots, people shouting police brutality, and just a general distrust and hatred for the "pigs", its where you have poverty, high unemployment and people who feel marginalised.

That'll be my end of the village then.

That'll be my end of the village then.

:lol:

Jeez I could really go to town and write a huge peice on this, but I'll spare you...

We all know the difference between right and wrong, Police haters or not. These filthy little fucks have been getting away with it for far too long in my view .....but.....

Your f**ked if you do......f**ked if you don't.

I honestly wished I'd stayed in the Army, I'd be retired right now.

The Met especially is becoming a joke with the extra workload, increased calls and way things are being done. More people will be hurt, senior ranks won't and don't give a toss. I've never felt so low in my job, morale is a thing of the past.