Wiring up a Honda CG125 - Help!

ShadowHunter1991

Howdy,

Motorbike newbie here. I have recently purchased a nice custom Honda CG125 1981 with a 2001 frame. It's had an engine rebuild 650 miles ago, currently at 762 miles.

It's all there, but just lacking the legalities such as lighting. I am about to add some further custom pieces. Main items, lighting.

However, the battery supplied is a 6V battery. The horn is 6v. So, am I limited to 6v lighting units? There are lights with the bike sale, rear light and two indicators. I want to get some nicer items. Some bullet style rear indicators, smaller front indicators and a classic Miller style stop light. However, they are all 12v.

Now, without sounding like a fool, will this work or will I have to source 6v lighting components? Will the wiring stand up to it?

Probably a simple answer, but just wanted to check.

Much appreciated,

Best,

James