Scooter criminals, what to do?

Throttled

Jeez I could really go to town and write a huge peice on this, but I'll spare you...

We all know the difference between right and wrong, Police haters or not. These filthy little f**k have been getting away with it for far too long in my view .....but.....

Your f**ked if you do......f**ked if you don't.

I honestly wished I'd stayed in the Army, I'd be retired right now.

The Met especially is becoming a joke with the extra workload, increased calls and way things are being done. More people will be hurt, senior ranks won't and don't give a toss. I've never felt so low in my job, morale is a thing of the past.

That's identical to how I felt about teaching, exacerbated by shiny-faced twats telling me everything was brilliant. So I embraced the gig economy - never been happier; work when I want, walk the dogs when I want and am writing this in my pants. You wouldn't believe the problems I'd have encountered had I tried to teach Fleming's Left-Hand rule in my pants. Schools are run by idiots who were shit at everything other than being unpopular.

Fight fire with fire.

Get a van load of criminals who are prepared to "sort people out" for a few quid, then park them in London next to a bait bike and watch criminals kick the crap out of other criminals. Finance the operation by posting the videos on YouTube and earn advertising revenue.

People who swallow drugs or fail to stop driving and make off, when they know they are being stopped by the police, are entirely responsible for their own actions. Those who try and shift the blame onto the police are supporting crime and criminals.

Those who try and shift the blame onto the police are supporting crime and criminals.

Indeed they are. But whenever a relationship breaks down we blame the other party. You get divorced, you blame the wife, but you were in the relationship too and it takes two to tango.

The relationship between the police and large sections of the public is totally broken, so the public blames the police.

Fight fire with fire.

Get a van load of criminals who are prepared to "sort people out" for a few quid, then park them in London next to a bait bike and watch criminals kick the crap out of other criminals. Finance the operation by posting the videos on YouTube and earn advertising revenue.

Hahaha, that makes me wonder which kind of criminals we would need to fight back the ones situated in Westminster. But yes, these mopeds scumbags need to be stopped.

I vote for a new law. Whatever contraband you're caught carrying, you are locked up and not allowed out until you've eaten it!

Knives, guns, drugs, all edible with enough time.

Mixed views on this. Tough job that I wouldn't do. Brave people doing a terrifying job to protect the public.

However, can't remember the exact figures, around 800+ deaths in Police custody since 1990 with not a single officer convicted?

A disproportionate amount of those deaths were people from a black or minority background.

Then you have Hillsborough, Christopher Adler and Ian Tomlinson to name but a few smear jobs/cover ups attempted by the IPCC and the Police Federation. Incredible really.

The old bill do a tough job, but they don't half make it tough for themselves. Not sure the current Police Force is the one i'd want to hand more powers too either.

A disproportionate amount of those deaths were people from a black or minority background

Are a disproportionate amount of crimes committed by people from a black or minority background?

I don't know the answer I'm just asking the question.

Because if they are then the number of people dying in custody is proportionate.

A disproportionate amount of those deaths were people from a black or minority background

Are a disproportionate amount of crimes committed by people from a black or minority background?

I don't know the answer I'm just asking the question.

Because if they are then the number of people dying in custody is proportionate.

A quick google suggests that 80%of arrests in 2014 were "self defined white" people.

BAME claims that 30% of deaths in police custody were people from Black and Minority backgrounds.

More specifically, 8% of people arrested in 2014 were black. BAME claims 10% of those who died in Police custody were black.

Very vague, all robbed from Google. Type of crime not covered so not all that relevant as you can fudge statistics to support either or. Mainly though the it probably detracts from the main point about Police collusions and deaths after contact with the Police. Which occurs worryingly regularly.

So, here in Reading deliveroo riders have had 6 scooters stolen in 2 months.

Couple of days ago one was stolen, another deliveroo guy managed to chase them down and recover it.. And we know who the thief is, and where they work.. But the police don't seem able to take action.

There's a gang of about 10, always buzzing around on 50cc peds, irritating everyone. Scooters are stolen, then turn up later completely wrecked - they're just doing it for fun, the bast*rds! Must all be known to the Police. So frustrating.

But what can be done? Apart from having cameras trained on every scooter at all times, even then it'd be difficult to prove anything if the thief simply covered their face.

Mixed views on this. Tough job that I wouldn't do. Brave people doing a terrifying job to protect the public.

However, can't remember the exact figures, around 800+ deaths in Police custody since 1990 with not a single officer convicted?

A disproportionate amount of those deaths were people from a black or minority background.

Then you have Hillsborough, Christopher Adler and Ian Tomlinson to name but a few smear jobs/cover ups attempted by the IPCC and the Police Federation. Incredible really.

The old bill do a tough job, but they don't half make it tough for themselves. Not sure the current Police Force is the one i'd want to hand more powers too either.

The actual figure is 1,059 for custody deaths and 1,619 in total including deaths during pursuits since 1990

http://www.inquest.org.uk/statistics/deaths-in-police-custody

I am not sure about convictions. The US police shoot and kill on average around 900 people a year.

It is worth noting that the numbers dying in custody has dropped considerably over the years. From a high of 62 in 2002, it was 20 in 2016. Training and awareness has improved. I never had a death in custody during my time there, but there was one when I was off duty. The final verdict was that the lady would have died even if she had been in a hospital at the time.

I'm an "independent custody visitor", which means I get to visit police cells and check up on how people who are locked up are being treated, and the conditions they're being kept in.

We drop in at the local police station unannounced, at random times, once a week, and get we see whatever happens to be going on at the time. I always come away a bit awed to see how amazing the custody staff are, working in a really difficult job. They have to deal with a lot of people with mental health problems, people with drug habits, people who foul their cells, people who scream, people who are violent, people who at each other's throats (often why they're in), and every now and then with people who are threatening to kill themselves. They're often undermanned, working pretty much without a break for the whole shift. Lunch or dinner is whatever they can grab to eat while they're manning the desk. And all the time they're thinking first about what needs to be done to keep the detainee safe, and where needed about keeping the public safe too.

During our visits, we interview each of the detainees. At the end I often say to them, I know this isn't a hotel, but are they looking after you ok? And then they smile and say that the police are being great (and they often add that all they really want is to get out).

I know the police have lost some of the public trust they used to have, but it seems to me that they are working hard to win it back. For sure, I don't know any other public body which has set up an independently-run group of outsiders to check up unannounced on what they're doing.

I'm an "independent custody visitor", which means I get to visit police cells and check up on how people who are locked up are being treated, and the conditions they're being kept in.

We drop in at the local police station unannounced, at random times, once a week, and get we see whatever happens to be going on at the time. I always come away a bit awed to see how amazing the custody staff are, working in a really difficult job. They have to deal with a lot of people with mental health problems, people with drug habits, people who foul their cells, people who scream, people who are violent, people who at each other's throats (often why they're in), and every now and then with people who are threatening to kill themselves. They're often undermanned, working pretty much without a break for the whole shift. Lunch or dinner is whatever they can grab to eat while they're manning the desk. And all the time they're thinking first about what needs to be done to keep the detainee safe, and where needed about keeping the public safe too.

During our visits, we interview each of the detainees. At the end I often say to them, I know this isn't a hotel, but are they looking after you ok? And then they smile and say that the police are being great (and they often add that all they really want is to get out).

I know the police have lost some of the public trust they used to have, but it seems to me that they are working hard to win it back. For sure, I don't know any other public body which has set up an independently-run group of outsiders to check up unannounced on what they're doing.

My experience of the custody visitors was they turned up at times, 4-6pm, when they knew hardly any prisoners would be in. I wish they appeared about midnight when things were really kicking off.

I now work delivering community meals (meals on wheels) and there are unannounced food hygiene inspections, so it does go on in other places of work.

First I find out you have a real name, and now a real job....

First I find out you have a real name, and now a real job....

Nah

he goes out on a Friday night and wakes up in the police cells after being detained drunk and disorderly for his own safety and is let out on Saturday morning. :cheers:

Nah

he goes out on a Friday night and wakes up in the police cells after being detained drunk and disorderly for his own safety and is let out on Saturday morning. :cheers:

Yeah, yeah, yeah.

But the coppers are great. They get you food and everything.

It is worth noting that the numbers dying in custody has dropped considerably over the years. From a high of 62 in 2002, it was 20 in 2016. Training and awareness has improved. I never had a death in custody during my time there, but there was one when I was off duty. The final verdict was that the lady would have died even if she had been in a hospital at the time.

It's not the numbers that really concern me (maybe it should/well they do i suppose hence the original post :s) but the Police response to such events. The Force, the Police Federation and the IPCC seemingly closing ranks, colluding, influencing the outcomes of inquests. Suppresion of evidence, bending the truth. Fake leaks to the media etc. Fair do's it's the Federations job to get the best outcome for the Officers but the IPCC is supposed to be independent, howver at best they look incompetent at worst they look bent.

I have a number of complaints with PIRC (the Scottish review board for complaints about the police). I did a count of the results of their decisions posted on their website. They sent 50% of complaints back to Police Scotland to do again, because of the original complaint was not dealt with to a decent standard.

Criminals put themselves into the "dangerous situation" of being in a police cell by breaking the law in the first place!

So there is a really simple way to ensure you don't die in custody... Don't break the law!