TMBF Rally 2017 attendance list and discussion

Stu

Matlock is nearby, could be a good stopping point?

We could just do the cat and fiddle there and back 5-6 times. :lol:

Do you still have to pay for parking in Matlock?

The cat is crap :lol:

Snake pass is better ;-)

Never been on snake pass!

Will ask locally if there's a recommended for that kind of riding time then.

Council revoked the bike parking charges for Matlock I believe.

Edited by Lateralus

Matlock is nearby, could be a good stopping point?

We could just do the cat and fiddle there and back 5-6 times. :lol:

Do you still have to pay for parking in Matlock?

The cat is crap :lol:

Snake pass is better ;-)

I dont think I could choose between either road :). I thought I'd read somewhere Matlock charges were scrapped but I can't find that now.

Fancy dress sorted....... (well, Mandy sorted it)....... :wink:

Will have to check out the route on the laptop Stu.....no dice on the tablet... :wink: Do you want me to run tail-end Charlie again this year?..... 8-)

I've been given 3 recommendations:

77 mile figure of 8 loop through Buxton and Matlock.

63 mile loop to Cheadle.

65 mile Glossop loop.

Will see if there's something which picks up the best bits of these and passes our campsite.

Given that we've got all day, any objections to a longer route? 2 hours riding time seems somewhat short, even allowing for a chip stop!

I've been given 3 recommendations:

77 mile figure of 8 loop through Buxton and Matlock.

63 mile loop to Cheadle.

65 mile Glossop loop.

Will see if there's something which picks up the best bits of these and passes our campsite.

Given that we've got all day, any objections to a longer route? 2 hours riding time seems somewhat short, even allowing for a chip stop!

The problem with longer runs is keeping everyone together.......It can be a real strain on the leader.......people also like to get back for a bevvy or 2 while they get their singing togs on..... :wink: :lol: :lol:

I like the look of that first one [mention]Lateralus[/mention] and the second..........and third :lol: :lol:

You won't get just 2 hours out though with the group ride due to stoppages and regrouping it will probably end up more like 3.5 hours or so

We don't stay out too long as its wasting valuable drinking time :lol:

Well I'll defer to your greater experience, but I thought this was a biking weekend! :mrgreen: :cheers:

Will plot them all and stick them on the satnav, so at least there will be options. Will share the motogoloco links once done, so whoever's leading has them too.

@[mention]Lateralus[/mention] you could do an extended ride if you wanted.....then anyone that wants to carry on can go with you, and those that want to get back to the campsite can peel off at an agreed place?....... 8-)

@@Lateralus you could do an extended ride if you wanted.....then anyone that wants to carry on can go with you, and those that want to get back to the campsite can peel off at an agreed place?....... 8-)

Well that's definitely an option, but I don't want to cause a rift!

>

I have tweaked the Glossop loop to start/finish at the pub; 76 miles/2hrs 20mins in total, including Winnat's Pass, Snake Pass and a ride-by of Chatsworth House:

https://www.motogoloco.com/map?route=39755

It would also be easy to extend it from Rowsley, going down the B5056 to Fenny Bentley and back via Warslow and Longnor, making it 98 miles/3hours.

So, about this drinking. Do you mostly bring your own and sit in the field, or do we prop up the pub's bar for the evening?

@@Lateralus you could do an extended ride if you wanted.....then anyone that wants to carry on can go with you, and those that want to get back to the campsite can peel off at an agreed place?....... 8-)

>

I have tweaked the Glossop loop to start/finish at the pub; 76 miles/2hrs 20mins in total, including Winnat's Pass, Snake Pass and a ride-by of Chatsworth House:

It would also be easy to extend it from Rowsley, going down the B5056 to Fenny Bentley and back via Warslow and Longnor, making it 98 miles/3hours.

So, about this drinking. Do you mostly bring your own and sit in the field, or do we prop up the pub's bar for the evening?

I would like the option to do a shorter ride. :cheers:

>

I would like the option to do a shorter ride. :cheers:

As short as last year's?