Honda CG125 help

Guest classifiedmoto

Thanks for the reply. Probably goint to be on here a lot as it's my first CG and needs a fair bit of work

Do you still have the air box on yours or do you have pod filters

I'm just trying to charge my old battery at the minute but there's no spark from the metal plug bits which suggests it's completely gone. Is that right?

Also, it could do with a new chain, what one do I need

Re. the battery... pass? I'm shit with electrical stuff. Like, EPICALLY shit. The battery in mine was completely dead when I first got it, didn't stop me riding it though. Lol, kickstart :mrgreen:

Never had to change the chain on this bike so not sure what it needs - but the Awardspace website is, as always, amazing for this kind of stuff:

http://hondacg125.awardspace.com/chain.htm#Replacement-Chain

And to be fair, the parts search on SportsBikeShop is pretty damn good for this sort of thing too!

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_group/_/(all;product_rating;DESC;0-0;all;b2586)

£40 for a chain and sprocket set is pretty darn good :lol: And yeah, you want to change the sprockets too if you're changing the chain or the old sprockets will just knacker the new chain waaaaaay faster.

Does yours have the fully enclosed guard around the chain, or is it one of the ones that doesn't?

Yeah it's a fully enclosed chain mate

The problem I'm having and I'll do my best to explain. Basically when I tried to just roll the bike it's really hard to roll it and the flywheel sticks and then unstick sandbox sticks again. And then when I try to push the kickstart down it's really hard and then goes down but does leave me with enough kick down

Does that make any sense

You mean it's hard to turn the flywheel by hand then suddenly gets easy for a bit then gets hard again?

And yeah that sounds like a kickstart working normally to me. Little bit of rotation with zero effort, then needs one hell of a kick to get it the rest of the way, then springs back, right?

Also didn't you say in the other thread that you'd got it running in neutral?

Yeah it's a fully enclosed chain mate

The problem I'm having and I'll do my best to explain. Basically when I tried to just roll the bike it's really hard to roll it and the flywheel sticks and then unstick sandbox sticks again. And then when I try to push the kickstart down it's really hard and then goes down but does leave me with enough kick down

Does that make any sense

Did it make sense to you when you read it back ? Sandbox ??

Check your clutch? As for the sand box can I bring my toy digger to play in sand box haha :thumb:

And I wouldn't do that after my cats been there first.