Chain issue

dannyw13

Hi guys

Would anyone know what's causing this noise on chain. Tightened it to specs and wheel is aligned correctly but still making this horrible noise. With clutch down riding can hear a rubbing or scratching pulsating sound as the wheel goes round.

Thanks

I'll have a look when I get in from work. How would i identify its a worn sprocket by the teeth being too sharp worn?

I did check the chain for tension. Seems to be only one stiff point on one revolution of the wheel.

Get some pictures of the teeth up, but they will be rounded or even missing. The tension should be the same (or close to) at each point, so if you have one part that's really slack and another tight it probably needs replacing with the sprockets.

Depends on the bike......but I'd estimate, the cost of the chain and sprocket kit +1hrs labour......difficult to give an accurate price. Where are you based? If you're Kent/Sussex borders, then PM Megawatt......he'll give you a price to do it for you..... 8-)

An Hours labour, 2 at an absolute push depends on the garage. All you need to be able to do it is the sockets to remove the back wheel (Which you need to tighten the chain anyway) and a tool to split the link which is pretty cheap.

Thanks Bob. Yes I can do the C&S Danny. Can you take the front sprocket cover off as well, take pix and measure the size of the front sprocket nut or bolts.

I can also teach you all you need to know about basic maintenance. Buy yourself a Haynes Workshop manual if you do fancy doing your own maintenance.

Yep, should be OK getting that off. Check chain and sprockets normally by pulling chain straight backwards at 3 o clock position. If you can pull it off sprocket more than 2 or 3 mm, it's fooked, as are sprockets.