Service interval indicator

Lateralus

My bike was serviced before buying it, and I've since done about 2k miles. The bike is now telling me another service is due.

I called the dealer to ask, and they said that because they're not a Triumph dealer they can't reset the thing which counts down to the next service. Does that sound right?

Heading off in a fortnight for what'll be at least a 2k mile trip, so want everything in order before embarking on the tour!

Yes that sounds right Lat. But they should have warned you about it I would have thought.

For BMWs, I know that you can buy the hardware gizmo thing so that you can reset the counters and reads all the sensor warnings for yourself if you want. Some non BMW service places have them as well and will update the counters as part of the service. I guess the same is true for Triumphs too.

If I were you though I'd give the dealer a ring and explain the situation to them.

sadly.. triumph used to be on the site thats now occupied by the KFC on Woodborough road... so you'll have to go to Long Eaton to get the computer reset. ask nicely and they might do it gratis. They close at 5.30 during the week.. so if you want to go on saturday... then you best phone. as the workshop might be shut.. even if the showroom is open.

Oof. Looks to be £60, so think I can cope with the warning light for that amount! Especially as it'll probably need another service relatively soon since I'll have done over 4k miles by the time I'm back from France! :D

Yea mine has the service light too. Every time you turn it on it says "XXX miles to service!" where the odometer normally is.

Apparently if you get someone with the code reader/wiper tool thing you can reset it for 10 years/ 100000 miles and it wont come on again before that :lol:

Seems like the most pointless yet potentially infuriating little gimmick :roll:

Notifying you that a service is due is useful.

Restricting it so that only a main dealer can reset it is not.

It may take into account how the bike is ridden, so [mention]Lateralus[/mention] may be the next service is due now. :wink:

(The service light on the car can be cancelled with a clutch brake ignition sequence or something like that )

It may take into account how the bike is ridden, so @Lateralus may be the next service is due now. :wink:

:lol: Haven't really had much in the way of “spirited” rides on this one yet, but confidence is definitely continuing to increase!

Yes that sounds right Lat. But they should have warned you about it I would have thought.

For BMWs, I know that you can buy the hardware gizmo thing so that you can reset the counters and reads all the sensor warnings for yourself if you want. Some non BMW service places have them as well and will update the counters as part of the service. I guess the same is true for Triumphs too.

If I were you though I'd give the dealer a ring and explain the situation to them.

I bought the BMW service tool so I could code my bike to take OEM LED indicators.. bloody expensive! And it's limited so I can only connect it to a certain number of bikes.. it memorises the VIN numbers of the bikes its been connected to..

Useful bit of kit though.

Well because they didn't do the service, they're not willing/able to turn the notification light off, so will just have to run around with it on until the next service is due!

What a pile of horseshit.

In a petty moment of stupid, Piddcock now become laughable for more than just their name. Twats.