DIY Restriction?

TunnelEyes

DIY restrictor kits, are they easy to do? Worth it?

Been quoted £200 to have bike picked up, restricted and dropped back to me including kit. DIY kits seem to be about £60 online which is a big difference!

Depends what the restriction is!

If it's carbed then it'll probably just be some washer type things which can be fiddly but are definitely do-able.

You need to check with your insurer - mine was a bit sniffy about it and insisted I have them fitted "professionally".

Think they fell out on the way home. :angel12:

on the ER6?

I believe to restrict these its a throttle stop that screws in to the throttle cable holding plate on the throttle bodies washers in the throttle bodies and a wire jumper that plugs in to the loom

Not an easy task if you have never done anything like this before

piece of piss for a home mechanic

on the ER6?

I believe to restrict these its a throttle stop that screws in to the throttle cable holding plate on the throttle bodies washers in the throttle bodies and a wire jumper that plugs in to the loom

Not an easy task if you have never done anything like this before

piece of piss for a home mechanic

So potentially doable for one of my more, let's say, mechanically able (lol) friends to help with?

I'm not too sure how true this is.

But I have been told by a few A2 riders that have been involved in a crash, that the insurance refused to pay out due to the bike not being on the list of approved restricted bikes.

All had found kits from aftermarket suppliers, some didn't come with the certificate as well.

I don't know where this list of bikes lives, if at all. But I now mention it to people just in case, specially if the manufacturer doesn't list a restriction kit as an original part option.

But I have been told by a few A2 riders that have been involved in a crash, that the insurance refused to pay out due to the bike not being on the list of approved restricted bikes.

All had found kits from aftermarket suppliers, some didn't come with the certificate as well.

I don't know where this list of bikes lives, if at all. But I now mention it to people just in case, specially if the manufacturer doesn't list a restriction kit as an original part option.

http://a2bikes.co.uk/browse

:thumb:

ER6 is on there.

There is also this from the DVLA. Approved for use on the tests.

ER6 with restriction

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/621858/Motorcycle-test-vehicle-list.csv/preview

This is actually how I found which bike I wanted for my dream bike, went down lists googling ones I could have :')

ER6 is on there.

Cheers mate! I've been looking for that!

ER6 is on there.

I'd never heard of the MZ Baghira until looking at that site, and now I really really want one :shock: