Nob of the Day.......

Tango

The award goes to the 4x4 driver that almost ruined me. Straightish road I come over a blind crest to be confronted by a silver 4x4 overtaking a caravan on a b road. My heart sank, hard on the brakes looking for the softest looking bush to land in. Realised I went stopping and the car wasn't backing out I took my chance with the grit and stones that gather at the side of the road, arm catches the wing mirror I get past still on two wheels and sigh with relief I can get back to my boy to finish fathers day.

Considered turning round and hunting him/her down but thought better of it as I was raging decided to clear my head with the rest of the ride

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Jesus Christ! You know how I say 99% of accidents can be avoided by the rider? That's one of the 1%. Glad you escaped and well done on finding the gap and getting yourself there.

The award goes to the 4x4 driver that almost ruined me. Straightish road I come over a blind crest to be confronted by a silver 4x4 overtaking a caravan on a b road. My heart sank, hard on the brakes looking for the softest looking bush to land in. Realised I went stopping and the car wasn't backing out I took my chance with the grit and stones that gather at the side of the road, arm catches the wing mirror I get past still on two wheels and sigh with relief I can get back to my boy to finish fathers day.

Considered turning round and hunting him/her down but thought better of it as I was raging decided to clear my head with the rest of the ride

Jesus Christ! You know how I say 99% of accidents can be avoided by the rider? That's one of the 1%. Glad you escaped and well done on finding the gap and getting yourself there.

Cheers mate, it's always never too far away 'disaster' travelled the same road the other day to see where it was and if there was anything else that could have been done but my mate agreed that no time and space for anything

Impatience is causing some really stupid risks to be taken, and big 4x4's with powerful engines aren't helping because they make the driver feel invincible.

Impatience is causing some really stupid risks to be taken, and big 4x4's with powerful engines aren't helping because they make the driver feel invincible.

The driver kind of is at times in those things. It's the buggers they hit that come off worse. Especially when you look at the height their front impact would be on a standard car.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

You know what they say about things coming in threes....

Out for a bimble this morning, the three events happened within an hour of one another,

1. I am approaching a 45 degree bend to the left in a 30 mph zone. Just before the bend a white Audi overtakes me at well over the limit. As I get to the bend the white BMW chasing / racing the Audi also reaches the bend and tries to overtake going round the outside of me. BMW loses it, goes sideways into the kerb, bounces over the kerb and lands sideways across the pavement. Luckily no pedestrians we there at the time. BMW suspension is apparently not designed to hit kerbs sideways. It didn't look very well afterwards.

2. A mile down the road in 20mph zone a silver BMW overtakes me, not going very fast to be fair but then comes a speed bump which he tries to straddle. Big mistake since he'd lowered his suspension. There is a rather loud crunch and the BMW comes to a standstill. Unfortunately the black Audi following didn't expect the BMW to stop and proceeds to go straight into the back of him. One has to chuckle on occasions.

3. Heading home I come to right hand turn I need to take. There is a blue Mazda coming briskly the other way so I am stopped signalling to turn right. There is a high hedge on the junction so the oncoming Mazda can't see down the lane. He then puts his left indicator on - so he's turning into the lane. Due to the hedge he can't see that there is an ambulance backing out of an blind exit just round the corner and he's not showing much signs of slowing down for the turn. So I wave at him indicating he needs to slow down. He glares at me, gives me the finger, then proceeds to very nearly collide with the ambulance. He did look rather sheepish when he realised why I'd been waving at him.

So I came home, had a cup of tea, and decided today is the day all the nutters are let out so I'm staying off the bike.

I'm taking it today.

Fitted a new rad to the ZXR. All nicely connected up so I filled the rad with coolant - lovely stuff, no leaks.

I then filled the expansion bottle and dawdled to the other side of the garage to do *things*. A little while later I heard a ssssschleeeerrrp noise, looked over to the bike and the expansion bottle was empty.

Yep, I'd connected the overflow to the rad and the feed was dangling loose with coolant all over the floor. :roll:

• 2 weeks later...

You know what they say about things coming in threes....

Out for a bimble this morning, the three events happened within an hour of one another,

1. I am approaching a 45 degree bend to the left in a 30 mph zone. Just before the bend a white Audi overtakes me at well over the limit. As I get to the bend the white BMW chasing / racing the Audi also reaches the bend and tries to overtake going round the outside of me. BMW loses it, goes sideways into the kerb, bounces over the kerb and lands sideways across the pavement. Luckily no pedestrians we there at the time. BMW suspension is apparently not designed to hit kerbs sideways. It didn't look very well afterwards.

2. A mile down the road in 20mph zone a silver BMW overtakes me, not going very fast to be fair but then comes a speed bump which he tries to straddle. Big mistake since he'd lowered his suspension. There is a rather loud crunch and the BMW comes to a standstill. Unfortunately the black Audi following didn't expect the BMW to stop and proceeds to go straight into the back of him. One has to chuckle on occasions.

3. Heading home I come to right hand turn I need to take. There is a blue Mazda coming briskly the other way so I am stopped signalling to turn right. There is a high hedge on the junction so the oncoming Mazda can't see down the lane. He then puts his left indicator on - so he's turning into the lane. Due to the hedge he can't see that there is an ambulance backing out of an blind exit just round the corner and he's not showing much signs of slowing down for the turn. So I wave at him indicating he needs to slow down. He glares at me, gives me the finger, then proceeds to very nearly collide with the ambulance. He did look rather sheepish when he realised why I'd been waving at him.

So I came home, had a cup of tea, and decided today is the day all the nutters are let out so I'm staying off the bike.

There's a lot of boy racer knobs in BMW and Audi's in Chester by the sounds of it.

Was probably me being an impatient nob and trying to squeeze inbetween a van and a truck. Misjudged it and had my mirror knocked as a result. Surprisingly no damage so moved it back, pretended it didn't happen and reminded myself it's better to be late than squished.

.....or I need to buy folding mirrors

• 5 weeks later...

I have for today

Going into work on the back roads, nice and quiet drop to 25 to take a corner as its not till your coming out of it you can see far ahead thanks to tree's, anywho as I come out of the corner there is a woman parked across the left hand lane doing a three point turn >.< literally at the corners exit not just past it or a bit up the road, but right were the road starts to straighten

the best of it? she shakes her head at me! lol...

one good thing came of it.... I know i can emergency stop in an oh shit moment lol XD

Nob of the day goes to the tool learner biker overtaking a van on its drivers side when said van was turning right and narrowly missing being hit by the van. Also a prize for the scooterist undertaking me even though I was signalling left and about to move left into a turn left lane at a junction in a work van.

You both have learner plates and seem determined to learn the hard way. Good luck when you inevitably get run over 🤦🏼‍♂️

always makes me shake my head when i see crap like that, i had a guy last week on l plates filter past me (and rev his engine as he passed me thinking he looked cool no doubt) he was doing 50 easy i was doing 30 (40 limit road btw) as the lights ahead had been green for ever and i was expecting them to change. sure enough they did and i watched as he wasnt able to stop flew out narrowly missing turning traffic >.

Ah the over enthusiastic learners. was riding towards a bus station, there was a bus in the right hand lane in front of me indicating and a bus pulling out of the station on the right.

hmm thought I that indicating bus is probably going to let the other one out... I'll slow down. Guy on a R125 came hooning past. Got the scare of his life as a bus seemingly appeared from no where and he did an impressive stoppie

Guy on 125 looks in his mirror and realises why I was slowing down :lol:

Nob of the day..... well that would be me today.

Riding through town I approached a mini round about slowed down and indicated to turn right. Approaching car looks at me slows right down as if to stop. I enter roundabout and start to turn and the car caries on straight causing me to slam on. I give the old bloke a gob full. He stalls and gets out.

It's then I realise my front right indicator isn't working, so obviously driver thought I was going straight on.

I apologised and we shook hands. But I felt like a right dick head.

Don't often post here, but this is what happened today at a set of traffic lights in Cambridge. I got a grandstand view, as I was stopped at the red light, in the right hand lane. To the left of me is the left hand lane, for left and straight on, which is empty.

At this point along toddles a little white car, up the left hand lane, with its right indicator on. It sails gently out through red light into the crossing, and then turns hard right so it's now facing the oncoming from the right. Here is an aerial snapshot I took at the time

http://i.imgur.com/kZAlNd5.png

At this point the lights change, unleashing the flow of traffic from the right. The little white car just freezes like the proverbial rabbit while the traffic coming from the opposite direction does it's best to get past.

http://i.imgur.com/XOnK937.png

Eventually the light change again, this time to allow pedestrians to cross, at which point the little white car manages to sidle over to left hand side of the road to continue its perilous journey.

http://i.imgur.com/pREtE3Z.png

Don't often post here, but this is what happened today at a set of traffic lights in Cambridge. I got a grandstand view, as I was stopped at the red light, in the right hand lane. To the left of me is the left hand lane, for left and straight on, which is empty.

At this point along toddles a little white car, up the left hand lane, with its right indicator on. It sails gently out through red light into the crossing, and then turns hard right so it's now facing the oncoming from the right. Here is an aerial snapshot I took at the time

http://i.imgur.com/kZAlNd5.png

At this point the lights change, unleashing the flow of traffic from the right. The little white car just freezes like the proverbial rabbit while the traffic coming from the opposite direction does it's best to get past.

http://i.imgur.com/XOnK937.png

Eventually the light change again, this time to allow pedestrians to cross, at which point the little white car manages to sidle over to left hand side of the road to continue its perilous journey.

http://i.imgur.com/pREtE3Z.png

For any further posts in this thread, this should be the minimum level of detail. The car and everything, it's just perfect.

so a learner car coming down the slip road isnt checking his right so im guessing he hasnt seen me (not slowing at all either ) and is about to pull out into my bike, i give him a short beep on the horn just to get his attention and moved out of his path , I give a friendly hand up just to show im not been a dick (im a learner to we all do daft shit sometimes) anywho he is not the nob, his driving instructor waving his fist and ranting at me is.... i slowed down enough to flip the prick off the went on my way lol.

Felt sorry for the guy driving i was embarrassed for him

ugh I wonder how some people become instructors.

my nob of the (other) day was a dick in a white Merc who decided that after 8 bikers filtered passed there couldn't ever be any more bikes ever and whilst ON HIS PHONE moved right over to the white line to block the rest of us. Honking and revving wouldn't get him to move :roll:

Eventually he moved over. Unfortunately as I was going past I slipped and revved the shit out of my bike which caused both dick and passenger to actually jump out their seats. I felt terrible. really. wasn't laughing at all

• 2 weeks later...