My Little Journey - Mod 2 PASSED!!

Splendid news for you all! I passed!!!

3 minors, which were all the same and if I'd have done it once more I'd have failed. I got them all very early on in the test and then had a moment where I thought I'd failed. After that it went really smoothly.

Can't tell you all how happy I am right now and I'll try to do a bit more thorough post up later. I'm currently trying to find a way that I can get out bike shopping!

Sent from my F3111 using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone. Absolutely buzzing still! I had chance to get out this affa to do some shopping but then my sons shelves fell off his wall and that was that. Off tomorrow for a damn good shop. I dont have my license but will I be able to take bikes out on a test ride if I take all my docs?

Thanks everyone. Absolutely buzzing still! I had chance to get out this affa to do some shopping but then my sons shelves fell off his wall and that was that. Off tomorrow for a damn good shop. I dont have my license but will I be able to take bikes out on a test ride if I take all my docs?

Probably not, most don't allow test rides if you've had your licence less than 2 years unfortunately .

Probably not, most don't allow test rides if you've had your licence less than 2 years unfortunately .

Really! Damn it I didnt know that. Thats a shame because I dont know what bike I want to get. Was hoping to get on a couple to see what I like. Maybe complicated things. It may make it easier and I'll just buy what I like the look off and deal with it haha

Well done!!! It was thinking I had failed my driving test after 10min that actually got me to pass it too :thumb:

As for test rides, it seem to be down to the dealers. I haven't had any problems getting test rides of bikes, so long as I was serious about them. BMW had to come out with me on a test ride, as that was a stipulation of their insurance. But it worked out well as he knew the roads a lot better than me :-)

Enjoy bike shopping!

Morning folks! So first off thank you all very much for the kind words and congratulations, I'm still buzzing and a little shocked but man am I happy!!

I spent most the weekend looking around any and all shops I could get to and had a sit on a fair few bikes...I've actually ended up going with a little Ninja 250 I took out. I did try some bigger bikes that I thought would be an ok shout (ER6 and CB650) but after a ride I decided to cut my teeth as it were with the 250. Couple of reasons for this.

1) This is truly my first bike, I've never rode on my own before, I've never really spent the time doing things for myself I've always been following instructions and although I know I can handle the bigger bike under training/test circumstances, I feel like if I get a bit giddy on my own I'm likely to maybe do something stupid, and frankly I'd rather it be on a smaller and possibly more forgiving bike.

2) and this is the main one. Cost. I got this 250 for a really nice price that I was comfortable with and although I knew I could probably afford more I don't want to as me and the wife are wanting to save to finally get our own house. This is a birthday present for myself and I chose not to spend too much money on it. Unfortunately none of the bigger bikes came close to the price of the 250 (which is to be expected) and the ones that did were bikes that I wasn't interested in.

Frankly I see this as my first bike not my last, but in all honesty I'll probably hang on to this a while because it'll do everything I want it to and it'll do it well. I took my uncle (lifelong biker of 35 years) and my best mate with me (biker for 10 years) and they both agreed that I may get bored of the power on the 250 which I completely understand, but then they both understand that I've wanted to do this for so long that any bike to me is going to last and I won't get bored.

I'm genuinely extremely excited, it may not be able to leave my friends' Ducati or Suzuki's in the dust but hopefully it'll be a good platform for me to really understand how to ride and how to ride well.

I'll hopefully be picking it up later this week and I'll of course be sure to post some pictures when I've got it :)

IT BETTER BE GREEN :lol:

A 250 will be loads of fun in the twisties, yeah the big boys will leave you on the straights but you'll be nippy in the bends!

I was tempted by a 300 ninja but living in London kills any new bike (NEEE BEEEK) hopes insurance wise.

*starts looks at houses with big garages in the country*

Splendid news for you all! I passed!!!

3 minors, which were all the same and if I'd have done it once more I'd have failed. I got them all very early on in the test and then had a moment where I thought I'd failed. After that it went really smoothly.

Can't tell you all how happy I am right now and I'll try to do a bit more thorough post up later. I'm currently trying to find a way that I can get out bike shopping!

Great job, well done.

I had the same when I did my full test, where I thought I had failed straight out of the test centre.

Went around a parked car (parked near a T-Junction) and whilst I was half way past the parked car, a car turned in to the junction towards me and hit her brakes. I assumed as I caused her to brake it was my fault.

2 minors and a pass later I questioned that moment and was told I was alright.

I think that 'relaxed' feeling of "I've failed Ao no point worrying now" helped.

Went around a parked car (parked near a T-Junction) and whilst I was half way past the parked car, a car turned in to the junction towards me and hit her brakes. I assumed as I caused her to brake it was my fault.

2 minors and a pass later I questioned that moment and was told I was alright.

I think that 'relaxed' feeling of "I've failed Ao no point worrying now" helped.

Sounds like a pain man!! Our test centre joins straight onto a one way road which I think takes some of the nerves away because you only have to worry about traffic coming from one way, if you know what I mean.

I thought I'd failed when approaching a mini-roundabout a van was crossing so I slowed to a crawl pretty much and timed it to just nip out behind him and around. I thought though that I went to close to the back of him and if there had been someone coming from the junction to my left on the roundabout I'd have been hidden by the van, which made me think it was a dangerous move and I'd fail. It seems though that the examiner may have been concentrating on my signals by that point and it maybe acted as a smoke screen because he didn't mention the roundabout move, just the signals.

Hoggs you'll have to wait and see what she looks like but it looks like Friday afternoon is the day so I'll get some epic photos and post them up on Friday night :):)

Well done on getting the Full Licence done and dusted.

I've had a 125 for coming up to 2.5 years.

Hopefully I'm not too far behind yourself in regards to getting my full licence completed.

Take it easy mate with your 250 cc bike to begin with just so you can get an idea of it's limits.

Although it's not particularly powerful it still can get you in trouble.

I've always subscribed to the adage that you buy the bike you like and ride the bike you like.

It's your money.

Enjoy and above all ride safe.

Cheers folks. Despite the downpour and planks in Audi's I had an awesome day riding my bike home yesterday.

Unfortunately using the Tapatalk app I can't upload any pics but here's a link to the only one I've managed so far...https://flic.kr/p/XroHS4

I promise to get around to summing up my experiences and I'll make a thread in another forum with more pics of the bike when I get a chance as I'll be throwing mods at it that I'll keep a track of too!

Cheers guys. My old man held a procession Of Kawasaki's in the 90s when i was growing up and it felt kind of fitting my first bike should be a Kawasaki. I am a little disappointed at the lack of green. Some of the forthcoming mods are going to involve splashing a bit of green around.

yes needs more green. I look forward to updates. :lol:

license think you have to leave it 3 weeks before you can chase it. mine didn't arrive called them 3 weeks and a day later to Chase, they sent another arrived 3 days later :roll:

Thanks Gulfman. The more I look at your bike and others like it the more I've started to appreciate them. I've always wondered what I'd do after I got too tired or sore riding sports bikes but I've started to get a feel for some other styles now at least :D :D

Hoggs I've got a stupid schedule over the next couple of weeks (obviously because I've just bought a bike) but as soon as I get a nice day and an opportunity i'll get some pics and get a thread started for her. I'm not even entirely sure what i'll stick on it yet, but a rear seat cowl is probably the first thing going on. :lol: :lol: