dreaded image in my mirror

Pip

did I break the speed limit or do something to upset him, just a matter of time and I will be pulled.

uWwVSaD.jpg

hey, as soon as he saw the 60 sign he was off like a shot.

tb3MaCb.jpg

I even got a little nod. 8-)

Have exchanged polite nods with many police bikers - they are after all bikers first and coppers second (not that it influences them in our favour), and it also doesn't hurt to try and keep them onside :D

I have had plenty of acknowledgement from the police most of the time they nod sometimes they wave and the odd occasion they flash their lights so we can have a little chat :shock:

I once raced a guy on a cbr6 all the way back to Coventry from Silverstone when I let him past to see if I recognised him I was stunned to see that he had a very small child in a mini race suit clinging to his back. A few days later a police man in uniform came into the bike shop where I worked having taken a break from nicking speeders on the A444. " Good race on Sunday wasn't it mate " he said. Yep , same bloke. What a professional.

Living in the arse end of no where there really isn't that many biker officers around here. I think the public persona is starting to change a little bit with the majority of the public in that police are often now seen as hero's without capes. Which is the way it should be, I just think a few have a bit of a power complex and make it difficult for others.

Prime example was my Dad got rear ended on his way back home from a day out and the copper that got called to the scene gave him a ticket for having a worn tyre. No one had a depth gauge to check the tread so the officer in question decided to use his powers and make the decision.

Its attitudes like that I think that can sometimes have the negative effect on police officers IMO.