What music have you been listening to recently?

Guest Legatron

Been mostly listening to a welsh pop punk band by the name of Neck Deep.

Been flittering between pop punk and southern blues recently, The Fumes are a regular staple of the day at the minute.

Been mostly listening to a welsh pop punk band by the name of Neck Deep.

Been flittering between pop punk and southern blues recently, The Fumes are a regular staple of the day at the minute.

I mostly listen to planet rock at home, and there's a lot of southern blues around at the moment. I like quite a bit of it, but occasionally it goes a little too country or hillbilly for my tastes.

Nice !

A music thread...

Great to share musical interest, but why does not everyone give an example of his/her favourite music in a (youtube) link ?

I would like to hear your 'taste' of music, and maybe 'discover' some new artists/songs/genres...

Some time ago I came across this Australien Folk/blues singer: Ash Grunwald.

Playes slite guitar and has a great voice.

Ash Grunwald with CRossroads.

">

Nice !

A music thread...

Great to share musical interest, but why does not everyone give an example of his/her favourite music in a (youtube) link ?

I would like to hear your 'taste' of music, and maybe 'discover' some new artists/songs/genres...

Some time ago I came across this Australien Folk/blues singer: Ash Grunwald.

Playes slite guitar and has a great voice.

Ash Grunwald with CRossroads.

">

Ya know what yeah that's a fair comment so here's a couple of links if you're that way inclined to have a listen...

old-timer - absolutely love that guy! What a great voice, and who doesn't love some slide guitar!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efsm6aJPybg

Porcupine Tree's Fear Of A Blank Planet. Steven Wilson is a genius.

His solo stuff is even more impressive. Drive Home is as sublime as it is moving.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycYewhiaVBk

Rips me apart every time.

Seriously loved them as videos, I bloody adore finding new stuff to listen too - this'll be playlisted first thing now. Cheers Rob, great call. :thumb:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efsm6aJPybg

Porcupine Tree's Fear Of A Blank Planet. Steven Wilson is a genius.

His solo stuff is even more impressive. Drive Home is as sublime as it is moving.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycYewhiaVBk

Rips me apart every time.

Seriously loved them as videos, I bloody adore finding new stuff to listen too - this'll be playlisted first thing now. Cheers Rob, great call. :thumb:

No worries, it's a shame he's not more well known but maybe that's how he likes it. Integrity over popularity so to speak. Do seek out other PT and his solo work, it's all good :thumb:

Bit of dead Kennedys seems appropriate ATM:

">

Also really into this song currently by Skillet

">

And off their latest EP loving this Less Than Jake track:

">

I've got all the time in the world for SRV @Tango the guy has some of the best guitar playing I've ever heard!!

So for this mornings listening pleasure (mine anyway) I've got some assorted Rob Zombie playing through youtube. Really wish my work would unblock spotify for us to use though!!

Some samples of Rob Zombie if you've never thought to give him a listen....

Not to everyone's taste I admit, but he definitely puts one of the best live shows on that I've ever seen!!

A tad miffed to discover that Apple Music has a very poor selection of Porcupine Tree, so I've had to hunt down the discography elsewhere and load it in to iTunes.

Currently on Voyage 34 and wondering how the hell this all slipped through my listening net?

http://www.kscopemusic.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/voyage34.jpg

I must be getting old or my music taste must be old and very different. I have not heard of any of the bands mentioned :(

But then my music knowledge stops at 1979

I've turned into my Dad & hardly listen to ' new ' stuff :lol: