Mobius 2 first vids

I took the new Mobius 2 on a trip to the countryside yesterday for its first outing, and, as promised to [mention]Mawsley[/mention], here's a brief review.

The camera is pretty easy to use. Although it supports dozens of different video options, when you're using it you can only switch between two different video modes and one photo mode, which you set up in advance. So I downloaded the set up program, and once I'd realised you have to put the SD card in before it will recognise the camera, it was a doddle to choose some likely options to start out with. I guess this would be about a two-spanner job on the Haynes scale. I also took the battery out and replaced it with a capacitor so I can run it without fussing with rechargers: one spanner. I've fixed it to the bike using some random RAM stuff lying about the garage and a RAM camera mount. It's set up so that it just peeks out by the side of the screen, within easy reach and close the bike's cigaratte lighter thingy.

And here a couple of one-to-two-minute clips to give an idea of the results.

They were both taken in sunny conditions, but the sun was a bit low (and in the second clip I was riding a lot into the sun) and you can see the camera struggling to adapt to the variations in light and shade. There's a "WBR" option which is meant to give better results under these conditions, but it wasn't one of options I'd set up for either of my video modes.

All in all, I'm really chuffed. It seems to be a neat, small, low-cost low-fuss camera that produces reasonable quality video.