Cutting tachometer cable

Guest classifiedmoto

Bit of a weird one but I have a tachometer that I won't be using however the screw to disconnect it has threaded from previous owner so my question is, can I cut it off with say a hacksaw at the bottom where it connect to the clutch casing

Thanks

The f**k do you know about it, all you have to say is negative shit all the time. Have you even seen what the bike looks like now, nope, have you seen what it looked like before, nope...so please stop posting useless comments on posts

All I have is negative shit to say? Please, I've been giving you tips in almost every one of your threads asking about this bike and you never bother thanking any of us for helping out, just tell us that oh hey the problem is sorted without saying what it turned out to be :lol:

And if it's the model with a tach, I know exactly what the bike is like because they only ever fitted a tach to one model of CG and that's the same one I've got :thumb:

The f**k do you know about it, all you have to say is negative shit all the time. Have you even seen what the bike looks like now, nope, have you seen what it looked like before, nope...so please stop posting useless comments on posts

:worthless:

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/agtmbomg.gif

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

All I have is negative shit to say? Please, I've been giving you tips in almost every one of your threads asking about this bike and you never bother thanking any of us for helping out, just tell us that oh hey the problem is sorted without saying what it turned out to be :lol:

And if it's the model with a tach, I know exactly what the bike is like because they only ever fitted a tach to one model of CG and that's the same one I've got :thumb:

I agree ! Why would anyone have to ask whether to extract a screw or take a hacksaw to a cable ? It's your bike, do what you want with it. How come I managed to strip and rebuild nine CG125s with nothing more than a Haynes manual and some common sense. It's got to be the simplest bike ever built. This knowledge that we keep passing on to you was not pinched off the internet, it was gained the hard way . Why not leave the cable on and stick a desk fan on the end then you can be " in the wind bro " even when you're not going anywhere.

giphy.gif

caseofthemondays-1024x577.thumb.jpg.6de02f1e9505d08ad4240baee71f3537.jpg

bccc9f12048539369290946f8f0082a2.jpg

bccc9f12048539369290946f8f0082a2.jpg

Well lets see this amazing transformation then,post some pictures.

Bit of a weird one but I have a tachometer that I won't be using however the screw to disconnect it has threaded from previous owner so my question is, can I cut it off with say a hacksaw at the bottom where it connect to the clutch casing

Thanks

What you meant to say was. "I have a broken tachometer, I have no idea what it does or how to fix it so I'm going to just hack it off using the first vaguely sharp implement I can grab with no thought for what it's going to look like or what I'm going to do with the bit still poking out of the engine.."

I have it ! Fit a chuck to the cable , insert a drill bit, rev the engine really hard and hey presto! You can use it to drill out that pesky bolt.

I have it ! Fit a chuck to the cable , insert a drill bit, rev the engine really hard and hey presto! You can use it to drill out that pesky bolt.

Yeah, but he's trying to drill it out, so it'll need to be in reverse.

Yeah, but he's trying to drill it out, so it'll need to be in reverse.

Doh!

Thanks

We are still waiting to see these before and after pictures. :tumble: