My still new Sinnis Terrain 125.

fuchsiashockz

Cool looking bike, obviously BMW inspired design but at a fraction of the price.

Looks like you can buy the whole bike for about the price of the BMW luggage alone :lol:

http://sinnismotorcycles.com/motorcycle.php?motorcycle=Sinnis%20125%20Terrain

Hope its built as well as it looks.. enjoy - looks like you're having a lots of fun which is the idea!!

It seems well built but I have no experience or anything to judge that by but I'm happy. Services at 1000km, 2500, 5000, 7500, 10000. 25cm off the ground when free standing.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

It's well worth doing what the manufacturer recommends as far as running in goes, get the miles under your belt and be patient with it, once you've done it you can enjoy it.

As Trigger said "Look after your Broom" :thumb:

Oh nice, 25cm is pretty darn respectable! More than a KLR, which is nothing to scoff at... and you'd get even more if you were to switch up for a larger front rim. Get some knobblies on it and it could probably be ridden in anger on the rough stuff pretty nicely 8-)

I take it the luggage was included in the price? That's pretty cool. My favourite thing about my 125 was the integral panniers, considering luggage options for smaller bikes are generally pretty limited it's awesome having that extra space. Makes venturing further afield that much easier! I used to keep a mini tent and sleeping bag in mine along with a pretty comprehensive tool kit so I could set off with no need for planning :lol:

Oops just noticed it's supposed to be kept below 65000 revs AND below 30mph!! Is that normal for running in?

Never come across a specific running in speed (except for the old days when cars didn't have rev counters). Neither have I come across a bike that can do 65k revs! :lol:

Seriously though, I can't see why speed would be a factor as long as you keep the revs down and make sure you are going up and down the gears.

Oops just noticed it's supposed to be kept below 65000 revs AND below 30mph!! Is that normal for running in?

Never come across a specific running in speed (except for the old days when cars didn't have rev counters). Neither have I come across a bike that can do 65k revs! [emoji38]

Seriously though, I can't see why speed would be a factor as long as you keep the revs down and make sure you are going up and down the gears.

*6500. Sorry, I was thinking of the millennium falcon.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

My main concern is the engine..

I had the little 125 suzuki spec engine in my cafe model, and that weighs a good 50kilo lighter and barely managed to get up to 55.. i do wonder how fast you'll be able to go especially once camping gear is loaded on? Might be worth avoiding dual carriageways where possible.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That is a cool looking bike - ya gotta love the BMW knock-off panniers! 8-)

Yes, what everybody else says - just get out on it and enjoy yourself!

My only comment re. durability is invest in a can (or2) of ACF50. WD40 for ignition system is a good investment as well. Very nice looking machine.

Never come across a specific running in speed (except for the old days when cars didn't have rev counters). Neither have I come across a bike that can do 65k revs! :lol:

65000 rpm? WTF is that thing running on, dilithium????? :shock:

PS - just don't slog the motor in high gears.

• 4 months later...

Hi all I got a sinnis terrain 125 and I have done about 400 miles on this. But this bike just keeps breaking down and now it back in the shop beeing fixed anyone had any issues with one

Welcome to the magical world of owning a Chinese bike - grab a Haynes manual and learn to fix it as fast as you can, ready for the inevitable day in the near future when the manufacturer manages to worm their way out of their warranty obligations.

• 1 year later...

Hi all I got a sinnis terrain 125 and I have done about 400 miles on this. But this bike just keeps breaking down and now it back in the shop beeing fixed anyone had any issues with one

Yes me! What's the fault you experience?