Scam

bud

Don't you just love some of the scams you get. I just had one from PayPal saying "Wе nοtісеd ѕοmе unuѕuаl асtіνіtу οn уοur РауРаI ассοunt οn 31/08/2017 аt 09:52 ΒЅТ nеаr Ѕсоtlаnd UΚ аnd wе'rе сοnсеrnеd аbοut іt."

Funny thing is, that it was sent at 07:23am. Over two hours before I had made the payment!

That's probably one of the best!!

My wife (who is learning to drive) got one last week, which I answered because she was in work.

"Hello is Mrs. Cow (always wanted to say that) there?"

"No this is her husband, can I take a message for her."

"Oh I'm calling from Scamsurance regarding the insurance cover on her car, we believe we can get a better deal."

"She doesn't have a car. She doesn't drive yet."

"Oh, is this Mr. Cow? Its about the Skoda."

"I don't drive a Skoda."

"Oh I meant the Ford."

"I don't drive a Ford either. Don't ring here again."

Remember the days that they actually had the right details and you were almost fooled by these people? At least those criminals did a bit of homework. :roll:

I have fun with the ones who call up to "talk about my recent accident as they can get me a significant payout"

I let them speak, then when they ask "were you injured" I say "oh yes, very seriously". This gets them excited and they blurt out a load of other nonsense before finally asking "what was the nature of your injuries?" To which I reply, " oh well it's very sad, they took me to hospital, thought I would be ok but then sadly I died"... Then I either just go silent, or play along some more to see how much longer they want to waste talking to a dead person.

I've found the " Hello I've been informed you've been in a car accident that wasn't your fault " people really don't like " Yeah I'm in prison for that but the murder sentence runs concurrently "

I told one of the " we're ringing about the accident you had ".... yes i did , it was really bad , I was driving in my car and it just happened , I thought it was just a fart , but there was shite every where I was in a proper mess, can you give me compensation for it then ? The bloke actually laughed and said sorry to have bothered you :lol:

"we're ringing about the accident you had"

"oh no that was the person who lived here before.. .. it was quite a mess but meant we could knock the widow down a bit on the asking price"

"......"

I managed to get an Indian Microsoft scammer to call me **** before.

One of my clients fell for one of those. Fortunately for him he has the IT skills of a potato. Apparently after an hour or so they gave up trying to get him to install the virus.....

I kept getting scam calls recently from a number I know to be a BT scan. Sadly no bugger ever picked up at their end.

• 2 weeks later...

I have fun with the ones who call up to "talk about my recent accident as they can get me a significant payout"

I let them speak, then when they ask "were you injured" I say "oh yes, very seriously". This gets them excited and they blurt out a load of other nonsense before finally asking "what was the nature of your injuries?" To which I reply, " oh well it's very sad, they took me to hospital, thought I would be ok but then sadly I died"... Then I either just go silent, or play along some more to see how much longer they want to waste talking to a dead person.

Thats what i say,

Yes, i died.

Oh im sorry to hear that.

Then they click and they put the phone down :crybaby: