Your Favourite Bike Kit

Silk inner gloves, fantastic, keeps me cool in the summer & easier getting gloves off without pulling the inners out & warm in the Autumn.

RST heated waterproof gloves, fear not long rides in deepest darkest winter an absolute must.

Goretex boots currently using TCX, wet feet not funny, these work.

Heated vest, I have to pull over sometimes to cool off :lol:

Custom food pot velcro'd inside my screen with a soapy sponge inside for a visor clean at traffic lights on those smeary drizzle days.

An elastic charity band used as a ' handbrake' on the bar brake lever as a belt & braces ( useful in Wales / Scotland etc )

That's mine :cheers:

It's a close call between two for me:

My Lindstrands Sheridan jacket.

For the grand sum of £120 I've had nearly two years of use out of this jacket in various weather conditions.

It is not the most well vented jacket, but it does have them, and combined with unzipping the cuffs as far as they go it creates a nice breeze throughout the jacket.

It's also fully waterproof when the vents are zipped closed, without the need of a removable liner. Which I love! I hate jackets with loads of zips and layers. If I'm cold I'll wear a thin fleece under it, if I'm too warm I wear better wicking layers.

or

My Alt Berg Clubman Roadster boots. I got these custom made for me due to my small feet but larger than average calf size (avg for feet size at least - that's what years of playing sport does!)

The boots are some of the comfiest boots I have ever worn, fully waterproof and although I have never tested them in a crash, they feel very protective, while looking just like normal black boots.

+1 for alt berg boots wear them every day now three years old and still in brilliant condition. for Commute riding Dainese air tex jacket and denim/kevlar jeans When its cold or wet a just were Richa waterproofs over the kit. Get to work hang the jackets up change in to some casual shoes and ready to get on with working

You've just reminded me I need to buy some more ear plugs! I'm toying with getting a pair or moulded ones the next time I'm at a bike show... No idea what "brand" to go for though, they all seem to do pretty much the same.

You've just reminded me I need to buy some more ear plugs! I'm toying with getting a pair or moulded ones the next time I'm at a bike show... No idea what "brand" to go for though, they all seem to do pretty much the same.

I've used quite a few different types but never moulded ones, but I see them as a bit of a gimmick - they mould to your ear anyway. Maybe there's something magical I'm missing out on :mrgreen:

I've used quite a few different types but never moulded ones, but I see them as a bit of a gimmick - they mould to your ear anyway. Maybe there's something magical I'm missing out on :mrgreen:

I want some moulded plugs too but I can't justify spending that money on some just to see if they are better than what I use now!

I want some moulded plugs too but I can't justify spending that money on some just to see if they are better than what I use now!

Go for it Stu. I've not used them on the bike, but I used to play in a lot of bands when I was a teenager and I bought some moulded plugs for the stages. Best thing I EVER bought for playing live. Took them to gigs for years.

In February my brother in law got some at the bike show in Edinburgh. think they were about £50 after the show discount and he got them delivered in 2 weeks.

For that price I am considering them.

My Flare's cost £25, and they are fine for short trips. But any more than 45 min they start to irritate my ears.

My "favourite plugs" I can get a box of 200 moldex spark plugs for around £23.They are only really good for a few trips before they get "icky" in my view!

I'm a bit undecided :?

Yea if I could get free disposable plugs I would be using them too! :thumb: The Moldex ones I can comfortable wear all day. I use them for when I'm working in the server room at work for extended periods of time too.

I got some of them earpeace ear plugs and they're designed to block out wind noise but still let you hear your music/satnav. They cost about 20 quid and to be honest although they're good, they aren't massively better than the free ones I get at work.

My favourite bit of kit is probably my leather jacket, bought it in a charity shop for something like 15 quid, still brand new with tags on. It's a perfect fit and feels so comfortable and it feels like it'll stand up well if I have an off.

Either that or my skylift, I constantly Bragg abouts it because it makes life so much easier. As I speak my bikes up on the lift with no wheels and all fairings off