Cat & Fiddle - Sun 10th Sept

Hi folks,

Weather permitting I am proposing a ride on Sunday 10th September - please let me know if you are interested. This will be my first ride as leader, and it's important to point out that I'm more of a 'bimble along at the speed limit' rider (my days of going mach 2 with my hair on fire are long behind me, as is most of my hair). The pace will be 'sensible', allowing smaller engine bikes to keep up - although those who want to blast on ahead up the Cat & Fiddle and meet the rest of us at the pub will be more than welcome to do so!

There will be two places to join the route, depending on which direction you are coming from. I will initially leave from Lymm services, J20 on the M6 - start time will be 10am. It's around a 45 minute run from there to the big Tesco at Macclesfield where we will pause to see if anyone wants to join us there. So leaving from Macclesfield Tesco at 11am we will head up and over the Cat & Fiddle into Buxton, then along to High Peak on the A5004, before returning to Macclesfield Tesco via the B5470. This second part of the run should also take ~45 minutes of riding time - although we'll plan to stop at the pub for pictures (and for people to catch up) and if the weather is nice we'll stop again at the Goyt Valley view point for more pics. For those heading back to Lymm Services there will be a final leg heading in that direction. But anyone who wants to can leave us at Macclesfield Tesco.

It's not the most adventurous of runs, but it's my first and it's a leisurely run. So, if you are interested please post up and hopefully we'll see you there. :thumb:

[updated 31/08 to reflect morning start time.]

Edited by 2WheelSolo

New to the forums (hi). But would love to come meet up and go for a run. Im only northwich way so could come meet at lymm and ride out. Happy with a morning ride if that's chosen.

New to the forums (hi). But would love to come meet up and go for a run. Im only northwich way so could come meet at lymm and ride out. Happy with a morning ride if that's chosen.

I'm northwich mate, where abouts are ya

Hi folks, been away for a few days so apologies for the lateness of posting final details.

So far the weather forecast is looking reasonable for Sunday morning so I think we are still on. I will be at Lymm services (J20, M6 / A50), most likely close to the MacDonalds, for the 10am departure. My bike is a white BMW R1200 RT so I shouldn't be too hard to spot.

The second meeting point will be at the Tesco Superstore in Macclesfield - post code is SK10 2AB. We will leave from there at 11am to head over the Cat & Fiddle.

I expect us to be back at Tesco in Macclesfield around 12pm and back to Lymm services by 1pm.

The route is below (click to make it bigger) - feel free to print a copy out if you are coming along, just in case we get separated and you need to find us again! If anyone needs to get in touch with me to check anything then twitter is probably the best option - @2WheelSolo.

1cYXO4F.jpg

If the M6 re opens in time :shock: (tongue in cheek) I will probably be there on the Bavarian Mudslinger (Red GS) Will keep an eye on the post and weather.

Once got hit by a car head on going over the Cat & Fiddle a few years back :mrgreen: it wasn't my fault either :thumb:

Just checked the weather for tomorrow (Met Office App) and it looks mostly dry if cloudy in the morning, getting worse as we go through the day. But there are no guarantees either way. I'll be going for the ride whatever the weather but if any of you look out the window in the morning and don't like what you see I won't take it personally if you decide to give it a miss. Should be a good ride whatever happens and I look forward to welcoming anyone who does make it. :thumb:

Sorry lads just sat down after a long shift (didn't realise it was this late lol) so won't make the meet points,if I do get out early enough I,ll head that way and see if I see you on route,if not hopefully catch ya next time

Great ride today. Weather was not perfect, a bit dull and overcast, and the roads were a bit damp but it didn't rain and traffic wasn't too bad so can't ask for much more at this time of year. It turned out just to be two of us, myself and Pie Man (I guess we BMW riders are a bit more hardy than some other types) but it was a route Pie Man hadn't done before so that was good and we both enjoyed the ride.

Here is the obligatory picture of our bikes at the Cat and Fiddle pub and below is a link to a video showing the section from Macclesfield to the pub.

cQchmZU.jpg

Enjoyed the ride today :thumb: . It was good to meet up with 2WheelSolo. The route from Buxton back to Lymm was a road I had never taken before; thanks to 2WheelSolo for that one :cheers: . Great video, good to see I still can't ride after 36 years of picking up bad habits :mrgreen: At 8.04 is where I was hit head on back in 2014 :shock:

It's a pity the FWR's never made it :arrow: There was even a curvy ladies group riding out over to Wales leaving from Lymm this morning :lol: