Nob of the Day.......

Tango

Bennets insurance is my nob ob of the day!

£32 to change my address on my policy when I have 32 days left of the policy :roll:

I should have just left it :evil:

All of these stories regarding random charges for insurance have me slightly concerned... I don't own a bike yet, but I've had zero problems doing such things with my NFU car insurance before (3 address changes in 4 years and a change of car). Is this normal?

They aren't random charges they are in the terms and conditions but I just think it's idiotic to charge for something you have to legally change!

That's how the keep prices low. They charge for amendments rather than factoring ammendment into the initial price. Still a lot of money for 5mins of admin you could do yourself if they had a proper website..

Clear winner today - guy on a white Honda (Hornet?) this morning.

I am filtering behind the OH, we're making good progress, nobbo is behind me. I stop behind OH whilst we wait for the gap to become big sized. Nob head pulls next to me on the right in a gap left by a van THEN BARGES IN FRONT OF ME. He is now ONE WHOLE BIKE LENGTH further than he was as he can't get past OH.

Nobhead then proceeds to filter terribly, he is slow, terrible at gauging gaps and stalls at least once. I am now stuck behind him. I am not impressed. If you're going to barge in front of me at least have the decency to be good at filtering. OH has cleared off into the distance.

:evil:

Some rediculous cycling event going on in Essex, I was coming out of north Weald, cyclists heading towards me. Most of them nobs as they cycled 5 abreast and refused to move over for people but special prize goes to the tool who decided he would bin it as I came up the road at 40mph with pillion. Well that sorted my emergency stop practice. Pulled up about 6 inches from his gormless face. Part of me wishes I had got it wrong 😈

Race rep chaps who wanted to show each other that they can race on the B664 like it was Silverstone.

They can't, doing shit like that is really stupid. I tried not to laugh as I passed one of them climbing out of a hedge.

Race rep chaps who wanted to show each other that they can race on the B664 like it was Silverstone.

They can't, doing shit like that is really stupid. I tried not to laugh as I passed one of them climbing out of a hedge.

I bet that gave you a nice warm glow :wink:

Bennets insurance is my nob ob of the day!

£32 to change my address on my policy when I have 32 days left of the policy :roll:

I should have just left it :evil:

Change of address for car insurance (Saga*): £0

Change of address for GS insurance (Bikesure): £0

Change of address for VanVan insurance (WikedQuotes): £37:50

I guess you get what you pay for.

* Yes I am that old

I woke up this morning, went downstairs, looked out of the window and saw this:

IMAG0857.thumb.jpg.5712610babcd3df314f63ba1d254f2cf.jpg

IMAG0857_1.thumb.jpg.616900d2517af0ab63d9e482a705e017.jpg

A - Who gives a shit about horses on the road - especially when the riders insist on dawdling along a NSL road when there's a bridleway right bloody next to them.

B - Why is it pointing at my house and not down the road?

C - Whatever nob it up should have ensured it wouldn't be easily torn down by a grumpy man in a dressing gown.

[/rant]

• 2 weeks later...

It happened some years ago already but I still dream about it. :mrgreen:

So to me it is not about 'nob of the day', but more 'nob of the century'.

During rush hours, some originally 2 lane highways are converted into 3 lanes by allowing traffic to use the 'emergency lane' or 'escape lane' as they are called in NL

(I think in the UK they would be called 'hard shoulders') to drive on.

It allows traffic to flow a lot faster in busy hours.

Drawback however is that in case of an emergency or break-down, you have nowhere to escape to...

Well, except for the occasional extra 'escape lay-by's', but they are miles apart.

So, one morning at about 7 I was riding to work in the fast(est) lane of this highway at about 100 kmh (local speed limit).

Ahead of the car in front of me something was thrown high up in the air, that looked to me like a piece of material like cloth or canvas or so.

I was anxiously watching it to see which way it would flutter, only it did not flutter at all, instead it flew over (!) the car in front, hit the floor and bounced right at me... :shock:

I tried to steer clear to the left of it, but it all went too fast, and with a hard blow it caught my right foot and foot peg and stayed there.

And before I knew I was riding with 'something' attached to the bike that was partially dragging along the tarmac, and literally producing a fountain of sparks where it touched the ground.

I still had no idea what the hell it was, but it contained metal. So much was clear.

I slowed down of course and managed to get to the slow lane, where I just could not stop really, because there was no lay-by at that point. Besides I was at the start of a bridge.

The slow lane is 'lorry territory' of course, so there I was, rolling along with my 'sparking sidecar' with those giants behind me.

And if you think that they would slow down and kind of 'cover your back' till you reached a lay-by... think again.

Though it must have been clear to them that I was in serious trouble, especially the first one who must have seen what happened, they never slowed down a bit but just overtook me at full speed, thus making a new monster appear in my mirrors.

Call me a Whimpey, but I found it very scary

After the bridge there was a lay-by fortunately, where I stopped.

The 'thing' appeared to be a container, made of canvas an iron, for professional grass mowers (brand: Kubota).

It got stuck behind my brake pedal, bending it outward, but fortunately not activating my rear brake...

And it ,also fortunately, did not free itself to fly in my rear wheel or chain or so.

So I nominate as nobs (yes plural !) of that day:

1- The stupid f...ing gardener who was too lazy and too careless to bother to secure the grass container in his pick-up truck or trailer.

2- The stupid f...ing lorry driver who saw what happened and still did not 'help me out' by staying behind me and 'sheltering' me from traffic behind.

As I surely would do if I drove a car, or even a bike, and saw a biker (or whoever) getting in trouble right in front of me.

3- Every other lorry driver who passed me at full speed, thus scaring me as well as surprising his colleague behind him without caring if he/she would have the scare of the ‘obstacle’.

4- Our minister of transport who so wisely decided that at rush hours, emergency/escape lanes can easily be used for traffic to drive on, because what in the world could possibly go wrong ???

Nob-1.thumb.jpg.2c0cac35ff468166bba63529108b3f9e.jpg

Nob-2.thumb.jpg.819c02204a7df90ca9259183b6cec29f.jpg

Nob-3.thumb.jpg.e84c75a43483b5c3a7c777d7f1b33c76.jpg

Ohh dear, is it just the buckle that's fried

Nah its a flip top that no longer flips semes the mechanism melted :roll:

Did you take out the helmet and leathers insurance cover with your bike policy??...

Ohh dear, is it just the buckle that's fried

Nah its a flip top that no longer flips semes the mechanism melted :roll:

Did you take out the helmet and leathers insurance cover with your bike policy??...

Not even going there, think I may have finally had my last claim srettled at none fault (I was stationary he had pulled out of side road and was blocking my side of road). Only by refusing to pay next years insurance did they think about settling (only took 8 months)....

Everyone remotely connected with Carole Nash and their fvcking call centre.

If I get one more call asking me what I think of my policy and why I haven't taken out personal injury cover...I'm going to do some violence.