ABBA superbike stand

bartfink1959

Great stands.......I had one when I had my Speed 4.....and Bonniebird has just got one to go with her Speed 4..... 8-) Easy to use and holds the bike really steady while working on it.....and it's dead easy to get the bike onto the stand without assistance....... 8-)

I really rate them...... :thumb:

I had a glamorous assistant standing by just in case for the first go, but after a few solo attempts have got the knack.

Very sturdy, & will save me £18 per wheel when it comes to tyre changing, as well as oil changes & general maintenance.

A good sensible purchase which will pay for itself fairly quickly.

No front wheel lift as yet, but yes it does look a wel designed & easy to use piece of equipment.

I am going to wait for daylight tomorrow, & test it out by removing & cleaning the back wheel, & greasing the swing arm pivot ready for winters attacks.

I use one for my current bike. Apparently they are having an issue with a few of their T-piece screw things which is what happened to me. I emailed them that it wasn't screwing in and they just sent another one out free of charge next day delivery.

If your using one, just be careful when moving it around the bike, its a big bit of scaffolding which I almost smacked into the fairing first time I used it!

Good bit of kit. A bit pricy for what it is, but easier to use and more useful than more expensive alternatives

I must admit the screw seemed to be stiff upon first using it, almost as if the thread was not cleaned out properly, but seems fine now.

I know what you mean about being careful, it only needs a slight movement to knock the left hand side out as you move round the bike to the right, scratching the fairing or frame. I might put some tape round the edges just in case I get cack handed at some stage.

Forewarned is forearmed......thanks for the cautionary tip

The maximum width is just over 26 inches. Lifts a ZZR 1400 with ease, 1 hand on the left bar to steady, right hand on the pull out handle, push forward & its there.

Easier than a centre stand in my experience

Cheers :cheers:

I'm going to get one

The maximum width is just over 26 inches. Lifts a ZZR 1400 with ease, 1 hand on the left bar to steady, right hand on the pull out handle, push forward & its there.

Easier than a centre stand in my experience

Cheers :cheers:

I'm going to get one

I'd hang on for the bike show tank bag.....they are normally there and usually have show special prices.....think they were knocking them out for just over £80 last year..... 8-)

• 3 years later...

I bought mine from a car boot sale for £8,don't think anyone knew what it was but I recognised it.

Had adaptors made at work for my various bikes,R1,FZR & RGV all work a treat.

Very stable and easy to use once you get the knack.

To do front wheel,i put the bike on the stand then either use a scissor Jack under the engine (with a bit of wood to protect it) or use a ratchet strap around the head stock slung over a beam in the garage roof and hoist it up.The 2nd method saves taking any failings off.

Love them, with the additional front lift you can pretty much do anything to your bike which I did when I had my fireblade.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y183/cruxiform/20140512_115002.jpg

• 7 months later...

Got a yearning for a Sky Lift now.

I'd probably never use it, but i want one...

Get one! i bought one and i love it, my bikes currently on it now, i know theyre not cheap but its great working on a bike without scrabbling about on the floor all the time, plus theyre built to last, when my bikes in storage it will be kept on the lift too. They are easy to use and make life so much easier.

Another thing with the ABBA stand is if you have no garage & have to park in the garden etc like me if there's a forecast of massive winds I'm confident the stand is way more stable than just the side stand imo.

Get one! i bought one and i love it, my bikes currently on it now, i know theyre not cheap but its great working on a bike without scrabbling about on the floor all the time, plus theyre built to last, when my bikes in storage it will be kept on the lift too. They are easy to use and make life so much easier.

Must admit i am tempted. Problem is there 10 other things i need for my bike that ican blow £500 quid on.

:D

You absolute bast*rd, i’m 460 quid poorer today.