what was/is your first bike ?

red hedgehog

• 2 months later...

First bike was a s/h Kawasaki ER-5. I did a direct access in 2004 and the ER-5 was the bike I did my training and test on, so I bought one as my first bike. Did 30k miles in two years, commuting all year round in all weathers. It only let me down once - corrosion on the negative battery terminal which I fixed on the spot.

Original Yamaha FS1E unrestricted circa 1974

Ah - ye olde Fizzy, a mate had one, and a Raleigh Chopper. I was dead jealous.

Until he got sent to jail. (For trying to rob a local tobacconists by lobbing a brick through the front window not noticing there was a police car parked opposite. He missed the window, hit the wooden frame in the middle, the brick bounced back and knocked out his accomplice. The best bit was that he tried to run away and hide under a car. Unfortunately the car he chose to hide under was the aforementioned police car. He wasn't the sharpest pencil in the pack.)

My first bike was a humble CG125 bought off a riding school with a zillion miles on it. But it was cheap and I was skint. I eventually traded it in against a GS500.

First bike was a brown C90 with no exhaust - I was 12, I think, so it was a field bike, not road.

First road bike was a red MT-5 when I was 16.

I haven't owned a bike since, so number three is yet to be established. I am 47 and a half.

On my 17th birthday, I took possesion of my first proper road bike the Honda CD175.

I somehow very quickly snapped the camshaft of a bullet proof engine, so it was then changed to the moe upmarket CB175 which unlike the CD had the luxury of an electric foot.

This was quickly replaced by a Suzuki GT250 which I took my test on

CD175.thumb.jpg.e89703e068d3c48d800c549a5c6ffd34.jpg

CB175.thumb.jpg.8e0d193ad764747162f8dbad1dcb4d7a.jpg

On my 17th birthday, I took possesion of my first proper road bike the Honda CD175.

I somehow very quickly snapped the camshaft of a bullet proof engine, so it was then changed to the moe upmarket CB175 which unlike the CD had the luxury of an electric foot.

This was quickly replaced by a Suzuki GT250 which I took my test on

A red CD175 was my first geared bike......bulletproof.....and I wasn't gentle with it either..... :wink:

My upgrade was to an RD350B.......and then a Triumph T120 Bonneville. ..... 8-)

Here you go, my first bike the aforementioned upmarket CB175. Not original, it had been done up to quite a good standard including a respray and a 2 into 1 SS matt black exhaust system. I worshipped it but I wish I'd understood how it worked.

1wIVnDk_d.thumb.jpg.e928c6ffb302b5d01068c1236a248517.jpg

Edited by fastbob

I've got a lexmoto venom (please let the judgement flow through you lol) and it's serving me quite well so far, however I passed my test this week (woohoo) so plan on getting something in the next few weeks. I wanted a ninja. Step dad said no I've to get something more sensible (?) I mean it's ME that's not sensible lol. So I've asked for a bandit instead and il put the ninja on the back burner and just get a 1000cc in a year or two. Was quite happy with just getting a 600 lol

I'd upload a pic of my current ride but I'm on my phone and I can't do it plus I don't think anyone wants to see my Chinese bike anyway xD

And so another potentially interesting thread fizzles out , shame.

Ok Bob, First bike BSA Bantam D14/4, reg no KRG448F, on the 22 may 1971, remember the day well, I was late for my sisters wedding!!!!! :D

First and last british bike. Never again! Jap all the way from then. Next bike Suzuki T200 Invader, the red one in garage, followed by Kawasaki H1B 500 Triple and Honda 500/4,

IMG.thumb.jpg.4bb56a4eb6c973fed001c46279f576e9.jpg.

IMG_0001.thumb.jpg.5906e49850af47dbd4892629fa60e3a4.jpg