Ducati Panigale 959

Matt Strange

The best sportsbike I've ever ridden overall for balance, road manners & handling. OK it doesn't have the outright grunt of the 1299 but you'll forgive that on the right A/B road, it's just sublime and sounds beautiful with it. I will add specifics to the review when I have time.

I cannot think of any real negatives apart from the lack of fuel gauge, almost definitely this will be my next choice of bike. I was thinking of going naked(!) but this was pretty comfortable during the 45 mins I was out on it. The bars are wide and flat compared to most sportsters and the pegs quite low, I didn't walk like a cowboy after getting off that's for sure! :lol:

If I had to sum up exactly what i like about this bike, it would be that between 40-70mph I would rather be on this bike than any other sportsbike I have ridden. If you need the fastest bike, don't care about losing your licence and have an inferiority complex about riding the 'baby' Ducati because you have a small willy/boobs (and need to try and make up for it by being the fastest thing in a straight line) then this bike isn't for you :wink:

Current model retails for around £13,800, for that you get a quickshifter, ABS, traction control all selectable via various rider modes or a custom one of your making.

And it is truly gorgeous in pearl white with the red wheels.

959.thumb.jpg.bdcc4232bc249f594e47d10f7d40129d.jpg

Demo model in red which I took out, not as nice imo.

DSC_1526-01.thumb.jpeg.efbd4c06d69e4fddad37e0aaa08253fc.jpeg

Now you see I disagree about the exhaust, under seat exhausts are horrible in the summer and raise the centre of gravity. You can get the belly pan style like the 899 before it and the current 1299, but I actually quite like the twin Akrapovic because it reminds me of the old 500gp bikes.

959 with 1299 under belly exhaust

959ub.thumb.jpg.e5585050eecfe5f38c5bb73e4f5139f4.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...