Gloves: over or under?

Also bear in mind that although the gear may be Gore-Tex, if that is sitting under an exterior layer (such as Cordura on my Rukka gear) you will still need to apply water repellent to the exterior layer from time to time. Otherwise the outer starts to soak up the water (generally called "clogging"). The Gore-Tex layer continues to keep you dry but you end up with a jacket that weighs a ton, drips everywhere, and takes ages to dry.

The new laminate Gore-Tex outers don't have this problem, but they are damned expensive.

Yeah, my goretex jacket is the same combined under/over affair that Gerontious has.

Rae was bang on the money with what he said about the angle of your arm - but also I fidget a lot so the double overlap is a godsend :lol:

All that said, I wear my winter gloves as rarely as possible - much preferred my summer gloves. I say preferred because I lost one of them on the Distinguished Gentleman's Ride :evil:

Am after a gortex jacket. What's the jacket you have with the funky sleeves?

It's made by Dane. I forget the model, it's in America so I can't check :lol:

Instead of buying an expensive jacket you could buy some double cuff gloves.... In the rain I could never get over or ender to keep my hands dry double cuff gloves do both.

This sort of arrangement.

">

I bought a similar RIkka set a mate has bearing set they are brilliant but.... an absolute PITA to put on for short rides. Longer rides I cannot fault them...