Highway Code signs test

TC1474

Here you go, lets see if you can answer this one without cheating :wink:

We all know the countdown markers on a Motorway as shown below.

But...... What other colour countdown markers do we get and where will you find them, and I do not include countdown on the approach to some speed limits as they are not official

We get green background with white stripe countdowns on the dual-carriageways around us, to tell us when the slip roads (off ramps) are.

For those, and motorways, the markers mean 300/200/100 yards.

But, for concealed level crossings the distance is not consistent - the first sign is usually placed early enough to be useful and also in a place where it can easily be seen, with the following markers spaced equally.

We get green background with white stripe countdowns on the dual-carriageways around us, to tell us when the slip roads (off ramps) are.

For those, and motorways, the markers mean 300/200/100 yards.

But, for concealed level crossings the distance is not consistent - the first sign is usually placed early enough to be useful and also in a place where it can easily be seen, with the following markers spaced equally.

Markers on the Motorway are not in yards. Only signs that are not in yards.

White on green could be on a dual carriageway, but it is not the correct answer.

And there is an add on for the concealed level crossing. It is not just a level crossing.

Still not a full answer though. :D :wink:

White on green signage is for all A roads isn't it? Whether dual or single carriageway.

Other than motorways, a roads and level crossings I'm trying to think then the hell else I have seen them.

White on green signage is for all A roads isn't it? Whether dual or single carriageway.

Nope ! :)

Well highway code says directional on all primary routes for green rectangle, so my phrasing was a little off I guess.

Also why the hell is the highway code still using a BR blue intercity train for the image of an automatic half crossing?! It was the black and white scheme when I was a kid and BR blue well preceded that!

On the subject of explosives they are transported regularly, Not only the military at this time of year fireworks but also commercial explosives ammo for sporting rifles airbag kits ( not fitted to vehicles) the list goes on. Many people would be very surprised at what sorts of things travel on our roads on a daily basis. Radio active materials also move a lot from smoke detectors to source material used in X ray machines

Many tunnels do not allow explosives along them so you tend to see the explosives prohibited at their entrances