birmingham motorcycle musuem 4.11.17

goody

The weather was better than forecast and it was too cold/wet to be fixing outside so I went to this. It was great.

hfISbOF.jpg

Only arrived at the car park and here are a couple of Norton Commander Rotaries, a promising start...

WGDRs22.jpg

A Harris Matchless G80. Wanted one for ages. First time I've seen one in the flesh, want one even more now. Even better the guy was about to leave, so I got to hear it running - it sounded superb. Do want.

T2MMZiu.jpg

Yamaha Zeal, 250cc inline 4. Nice YSP stickers.

erCaIO7.jpg

Lovely Le Mans.

Xnwln59.jpg

Finally inside the museum. You know you're on to a good thing when you're reaching over the Manx Norton to get a picture of the amazing bike behind it - in this instance a "Silk" 660cc 2 stroke twin.

DJ4xWrr.jpg

Land speed record thingies and special one-offs.

2EXmrFr.jpg

I don't often suffer from bike blindness but there are just so many bikes here that they all started to look the same. There are 5 halls like this, it's immense.

2xLHvA0.jpg

A Wulf. Nope, me neither..

fT1aRhF.jpg

7R75ShV.jpg

Built by Rolls Royce engineer Fred Marsh (I think). Sounded ridiculously good.

ihKh3K4.jpg

Race bikes and a couple of special road bikes were being fired up in the courtyard in the middle. Nice to see.

The NMC is actually an amazing place, I'd like to go again just to pore over some of the weirder exhibits some more.

I don't often suffer from bike blindness but there are just so many bikes here that they all started to look the same. There are 5 halls like this, it's immense.

THIS.

Thought exactly the same when I went, they could do with spreading them out a bit, and maybe thinning them out a bit so you can enjoy looking at 'a' bike rather than just a room of bikes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At least you get to know that the great Steve Parrish has said your name out loud..?

I bought a ticket but didn't win anything, just like all the others who had bought a ticket in the previous 6 months. I'm not sure if this is more or less disappointing than winning a room with your wife :scratch: