Do you drive a land rover or had a landy

Classickid21

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...

No!, no I don't, not anymore, I've done what I should have done in the first place now- bought a Landcruiser, I will never own another LR product again, lovely cars but just so unreliable and badly built.

Yes badly built mines got more holes then a cheese greater

Just noticed this thread, landrovers suck up money better than a Henry.

Have had landys in the family for as long as i can remember, have a 90 thats been with us since 1989, my dad who is 86 is currently rebuilding it, new chassis bulkhead etc etc, richards chassis didn't go well, they welded a bracket on the wrong way round, unfortunately my dad worked from the rear to the front, it was the steering damper, he had a full rolling chassis, they wouldn't cover the warranty if he cut it off and re welded it so he had to strip it and they sent another.

Also have a disco 2 that i weld every other week.

Have had landys in the family for as long as i can remember, have a 90 thats been with us since 1989, my dad who is 86 is currently rebuilding it, new chassis bulkhead etc etc, richards chassis didn't go well, they welded a bracket on the wrong way round, unfortunately my dad worked from the rear to the front, it was the steering damper, he had a full rolling chassis, they wouldn't cover the warranty if he cut it off and re welded it so he had to strip it and they sent another.

Fcukers lol

That sounds right for a disco just checker plate everything thats what I am resorting to

Whatever you do, don’t think a Disco 3 is an improvement!, I had a first gen RR Sport which is essentially a Disco 3 with a different body shell and I’d take the rust and minor niggles of a Disco 1/2 over one any day.

Really I’d love an 80 Series Landcruiser but they’re getting on par with Defenders for holding their money now, so I went for the slightly smaller, more modern 120 series instead, it’s been great, just turn the key and go no worrying what big bill is next!.

• 3 months later...

i had a freelander a few years back, it was nice to drive but it was the worst money pit ive ever had!

Im thinking of getting another 4x4, my son lives in the middle of nowhere and in winter they can easily get snowed in so id like to be able to help them out if that happens.

Plus a ford mondeo doesnt make the best of hunting vehicles, poor thing nearly gets stuck every time i go out ferreting lol

i had a freelander a few years back, it was nice to drive but it was the worst money pit ive ever had!

Im thinking of getting another 4x4, my son lives in the middle of nowhere and in winter they can easily get snowed in so id like to be able to help them out if that happens.

Plus a ford mondeo doesnt make the best of hunting vehicles, poor thing nearly gets stuck every time i go out ferreting lol

As much as I do have a soft spot for Range Rovers and Land Rovers, if you want a capable 4x4 that isn’t a money pit, three simple words-Toyota Land Cruiser :D .

my landrover 90 has outlived a customers g wagon i used to do work for, his g wagon was 2 years newer than my landy at the time and he said the landy was shit and it would be a rust heap in 10 years, it took it 22yrs ish to become a rusty heap and is worth 4k more now than it was when i bought it, not only is his g wagon long gone but the landy has out lived him also, he didn't see that coming.

As much as I do have a soft spot for Range Rovers and Land Rovers, if you want a capable 4x4 that isn’t a money pit, three simple words-Toyota Land Cruiser :D .

At work I often use a mitsubishi L200, it's great for hunting but costs a fortune in fuel and has the turning circle of a barge.

I might have to look into a Toyota land cruiser.

I wouldn't mind an LPG conversion if I could too.

At work I often use a mitsubishi L200, it's great for hunting but costs a fortune in fuel and has the turning circle of a barge.

I might have to look into a Toyota land cruiser.

I wouldn't mind an LPG conversion if I could too.

They come in two different flavours, the 80/100 series Amazon is the big Land Cruiser, tough as anything, very capable but have a big 4.2 TD which is very understressed and reliable but thirsty, then you have the slightly smaller 120 Series which has the 3 litre D4D engine, still very capable and reliable but a bit smaller and less thirsty, I get about 26 around town and 32-34 on a run.