Another DAS thread :) - Mod 2 passed!

Yeah, no problems with slow speed control/manoeuvres on my 125.

U turns I'm practicing within the space of 2 parking bays. Figure of 8's all OK, can keep them nice and tidy.

One thing I cannot practice in the car park has been emergency stop + avoidance. Sunday it opens at 11am, so I'll wake up quite early and hopefully its empty and get some practice done for these 2! :D

Been so anxious last couple of days! Training and test tomorrow... arghhh

I had my MOD1 yesterday. I was nervous too, but didn't really need to be.

There's no need to rush any of it. Between exercises you can take a breather, just don't start moving until you're ready. For me, that was most useful after the manual handling exercise - I had been taking nervous short and shallow breaths, plus I struggle with the weight of the bike so I was heaving for air. Examiner reminded me that I could take a moment and ride when I was ready, so I just sat on the bike and gathered my thoughts.

I found it useful to run through a drill in my head for the emergency stop and swerve. Mine went something like this, yours may vary:

• [list=]
  • 18-20mph on the bend looking at the exit point

• [list=]
  • before speed trap, quick speed check

• [list=]
  • watch for the examiner to start raising their hand

• [list=]
  • rear brake towards the end, get ready to put foot down

Been so anxious last couple of days! Training and test tomorrow... arghhh

I had my MOD1 yesterday. I was nervous too, but didn't really need to be.

There's no need to rush any of it. Between exercises you can take a breather, just don't start moving until you're ready. For me, that was most useful after the manual handling exercise - I had been taking nervous short and shallow breaths, plus I struggle with the weight of the bike so I was heaving for air. Examiner reminded me that I could take a moment and ride when I was ready, so I just sat on the bike and gathered my thoughts.

I found it useful to run through a drill in my head for the emergency stop and swerve. Mine went something like this, yours may vary:

• [list=]
  • 18-20mph on the bend looking at the exit point

• [list=]
  • before speed trap, quick speed check

• [list=]
  • watch for the examiner to start raising their hand

• [list=]
  • rear brake towards the end, get ready to put foot down

Thanks for advice mate! was just reading your thread actually.. big congratz on the pass!! :D

Passed my Mod 1 yesterday! So pleased :D

Had my test in Enfield, so had to ride approx 30 miles to get there on the school’s MT-07.. was my first time being on a big bike so it took a few miles to get used to the increased power!

Throttle obviously a lot more sensitive than my little Grom.

By the time we arrived, I felt I had full control of the bike’s power and the ride there felt amazing! So easy to get to 50/60mph (max we did on the way) and overtaking was no effort.

After arriving to Enfield, we went to some quiet roads and practiced the manoeuvres and went for a quick lunch at midday.

Happy stomach = happy soul! Needed this to keep me going.

After a quick bite, we went and done a bit more practice and headed back to the test centre where I watched a very petite female candidate making it look easy!! Me next.. Pressure was on 

You guys know the drill for all the manoeuvres so I won’t bore you with it, but the practice paid off. I was a bit worried about the figure of 8 and the swerve, but more than plenty of space to do these 2 and had no issues.

Emergency stop I managed 58kph and 52kph for the avoidance, so didn’t need to repeat either of these. All good!

Picked up just 1 minor on probably the easiest of the manoeuvres… the controlled stop!! My front wheel was within the box but not quite in the middle as it needed to be :/ anyways I’ll take that :D

The ride back to the school felt great but I was knackered by the time we got there at 4pm ish.

Another step taken, 1 to go.. booking my Mod 2 later today and already looking forward to it!

• 1 month later...

Forgot to update... but happy to say that I passed my Mod 2 on the 6th of December :D

I wasn't too happy with my ride to be honest, got 4 minors but the pass is all that matters..

First thing I did after getting back to training school was taking my L plates off the grom... what an awesome feeling :D